SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Glasgow – Vixens
    Cassidy – Lightning
    Shimmin – I think Kate will end up at VNSL. Could be good at team Bath
    Pitman – Collingwood
    Lee-Jones – I wouldn’t mind seeing her at Tbirds learning from Sterling. She needs better movement and sterling is great at that
    Craig – swifts tp
    Stanton – either Collingwood TP or Tbirds TP, Not contracted full time though
    Eagland – no idea. I’d say with her immense lack of court time And form this year anywhere as a TP could be a good result

Garrett – really want to see her at Lightning
    Brandley – probably Giants
    Allen – lightning tp

Ian Harkin

Sasha Glasgow is off to Fever.

Sarah0
    Participant

I had a feeling she would go to Fever. Vixens like having home grown athletes unless they are internationals. It just didn’t seem right that she would end up there.

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

I feel that Sasha could have utilised her skill set and become a more rounded player at Vixens, who have a much more mobile shooting circle.
    However, happy for her and understand the appeal of being coached by Stacey. Now very intrigued who the “experienced” GA that Vixens are rumoured to have signed is.. Wood? Hodges? Most of the teams have their shooting ends locked in now..

Belle
    Participant

@ian
    Could you post the link of the Glasgow going to fever move please. I would like to read it :yahoo:

Tully
    Participant

I don’t think I the Vixens have an experienced shooter. I heard they were talking to someone that has played SSN. Hodges and Allen have done that but I wouldn’t say they are experienced.

I hope Vixens don’t go for Stanton or Beckford I’d rather they back in two young players they can build the team around in the future. Whether that be McDonald, Samason, Allen, Hodges. Kumwenda can give you 40+ goals a game and Watson is the best WA in the world. There would be plenty of support around them.

Vixens had a leaner time when they first brought the 1994 players + Moloney through but look at them now. They are the core of the team.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Tully.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Tully.
    Jbss
    Participant

I’m hoping Hodges and/or Allen get chosen however I imagine McDonald will be favoured as they are very loyal to Victoria.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Happy for Glasgow and I see the attraction of being coached by Stacey but I don’t know how much her game will improve. ATN is obviously the starting GA and Fowler GS. I would love to see Glasgow at GS but how likely will that be with Fowler there?

Tully
    Participant

Samason was ANL player Of the year in 2018 and a Vixens TP before her ACL injury. Had Samason had the opportunity to play ANL this year I would say she would have had a contract. They may choose to back her in anyway. Samason is similar to Garbin in that she is very strong at GS and working on her GA game. Prior to the ACL was definitely the best young shooter in Victoria so that would be sticking to their pathways.

Belle
    Participant

This weekend has gone for so long I just want more signings :yahoo:

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I’m genuinely surprised by that news. I though for sure Glasgow was off to the Vixens. TBH I don’t really understand the reasoning behind it, Glasgow would have a much better shot at court time with the Thunderbirds, and if she was offered anything from Vixens, she should’ve taken it. I suspose the only reasoning I can think of is that she would be coached by SM… but only for a year. Could Vixens potentially pick up Wood. Otherwise, I would love for Hodges to get a contract.

Vixfan
    Participant

I think this is a curious move by Glasgow. As previously noted it’s hard to see her getting much court time.

gwalk11
    Participant

This is pure speculation but this would make more sense to me if Glasgow knew next season was Fowler’s last playing in Australia (which seems unlikely to me but with the world as it is you never know). Otherwise, I can’t say I get it.
    That being said, I think Glasgow can learn a lot from Fowler. Height aside, Fowler is an exceptional shooter with great positioning.

schmeetle
    Participant

Doesn’t Glasgow know Fever is where GAs go to die??? :unsure:

Belle
    Participant

This means no Pitman at the fever now. Maybe Collingwood or the Lighting :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours