SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t really want to see Pitman at Lightning tbh. I just think that they’ll sign Cassidy then a WD/GD slide (maybe Unie?). They’re short on WD’s and with (potentially) Cassidy and Scherian, they don’t need Pitman.

al_ex
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks Glasgow will push ATN out of GA? Sure she did a great job of directing play but she can do that from WA. Her shooting this year was either poor or non-existent, and teams have a lot longer now to work out how to best tackle the super shot and curb her influence. I guess we’ll have to see going forward how well Glasgow adapts to more of that feeding role.

Samason is a great player and Falkner has shown that if players have done the work behind the scenes they can come back in great form. Considering the lack of interstate and international options left I think it would probably be the most likely move from the Vixens, they always support their pathways.

Belle
    Participant

Now that the Fever, Swifts, Firebirds all have there 10.
    Which team are your the most excited for?
    Who do you think will get the furthest?
    Who did the best during the trade period?

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Fever should go pretty far again you would imagine. Maybe its just because I’m a Firebirds fan, but I think their squad is looking very formidable, and should be aiming for a GF appearance. Aiken and Tippett pretty unstoppable, Rav is an excellent inclusion and is very experienced feeding both of the shooters. Rav also has a great combo with Simpson, and the defenders are only going to get better. And their bench is very strong, every member having had significant court time in 2020 and can provide real impact when needed. I know the other teams haven’t finalised their rosters yet, but I reckon these two teams could be the teams to beat in 2021. Also, Firebirds have an amazing track record against Fever…..

Belle
    Participant

Very good points!

Joyjamie
    Participant

For me the Swifts are interesting, basically the same team minus a WD which concerns me. Great faith and loyalty shown by Briony and the players need to reward that. need to make the finals. I’m not sure their problem was playing for the whole 60 minutes, was that down to condensed season we shall see.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Strange move. Glasgow is a great Shooter. She will just be an extra WA for Fowler.

Erin
    Participant

What about Pitman to the Giants? They still have a mid court space. Hay is good but Pitman brings experience and that connection to Jo Harten.

Belle
    Participant

Pitman to the giants is a good call

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

If Pitman is going to play in SSN, then its either Giants or Lightning. I would prefer her at Lightning since they only have Scherian who can be underwhelming at times but I think it will be very dependent on whether Wood sticks around or not (as they would lose a WA/GA slide) and where Cassidy goes. Love Pitman and really I wouldn’t mind to much which team she goes too but my only concern with the Giants would be that she could potentially be feeding Harten week in week out and also be training with her a lot.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Pitman to Giants would be a sensible more for Giants, but still don’t think they will. This past season they signed on 4 circle defenders, and 3 midcourters whose strongest position is WD.

al_ex
    Participant

Giants should have signed Brandley and Pitman and dropped Manu’a, but that was never going to happen. I assume that the Austin at WA experiment is over now that she’s the starting GA. I guess Harten/Dwyer/Austin could work but I just don’t see it happening. If Hay has a horror game maybe we’ll see more of Parmenter there? O’Brien if game day squads are expanded to 12?

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

All the signs and mutterings indicate that Cassidy is off to Lightning, but part of me wonders if Thunderbirds could have picked her up.
    Pitman was blindsided by a conversation whilst the Thunderbirds were back in Adelaide and Cassidy announced her departure from the Firebirds early in the signing period and.
    Could they have lured her once they got wind of Rav signing on, which pushed Pitman out?
    The Thunderbirds desperately need some experience in their mid court attack and I’m not sure Langman had made her decision at the point in time that Cassidy announced her departure from the Firebirds.
    If Langman had stayed one more year, would the Lightning have needed or afforded another experienced C/WA and would Cassidy move without guarantee of court time..

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

I agree that Giants need a steadying influence in their attack end – Pitman gives them that and experience of feeding a moving circle.
    Pitman has an excellent track record of developing the youngsters around her and I think Hay and Austin would benefit from having her around for a year.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Can see Pitman easily at Giants but would Claire O Brien miss out then. feel for Claire O brien was in the Swifts Team then ruptured her Achilles and can only make training partner for the Giants. If she didn’t get injured then Haythornwaite wouldn’t be at the Swifts

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours