SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agree about O’Brien. But she is young, a year with Pitman could do a lot for her. If they made it 12, then there is room for both plus April Brandley.

Chances of Wood staying at Lightning?

Zara
    Participant

I really wish there was room for COB at Swifts, she was great there in at the start of SSN. She should have gotten more court time this year with Giants and I believe she was only on court one/twice?!

al_ex
    Participant

I don’t know exactly what it was but I feel like COB lost something after that Achilles injury. When she came back at ANL last year she threw away a lot of ball and seemed a bit slower. This year she wasn’t great the first time she came on but I thought she was really strong against Fever. Hopefully she can find her way back to full form because she had basically pushed Hadley to the bench in 2018 before she did her Achilles. I understand why she moved over to Giants considering the amount of attacking midcourters in her way at the Swifts but I think she would develop better under Akle and Keelan’s coaching.

Joyjamie
    Participant

What we really need is a decision about team sizes then that will help. Hopefully Claire O brien will be given a chance, not easy after that so of injury. think maybe Pitman could be headed to UK though

Joyjamie
    Participant

That’s the reality of Suncorp, only 10 players limits the choices. She would walk into any Superleague team in the UK. either team sixes need increasing to 12 or create a couple more teams.

mcleod
    Participant

Be a shame is the teams were cut back to 10. A good number of young exciting Australian players will miss out.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Teams were only 12 this year due to the shorten season. I’ll be surprised if they allow 12 contracted players. I’m guessing it will be 10, plus training partners.
    ANZ has always been 10 players, but teams can have 2 extra players on bench on game day if they want (mostly always training partners).

While Pitman is good, I dont think she will get a contract elsewhere. There are so many strong Australian midcourters coming through.

Zara
    Participant

There are a couple of VNSL Teams that haven’t announced full squads yet but if pitman is going to come here she doesn’t have long left to sign! Same with Shimmin, I feel we will know very soon what they are doing!

gwalk11
    Participant

Matilda has not been offered a contract at Collingwood. Only place she could potentially gets contract is Lightning.

Tully
    Participant

Interesting. I don’t think this is a bad thing for Garrett as I have said earlier a change in clubs would help to rejuvenate her netball. This of course is dependent on her now finding another club.

Interesting that Collingwood have let her go though. Wonder if they might pick up Shimmin?

Actually both Shimmin and Pitman would fit in well. Recruiting Pitman would take a lot of pressure off Browne so that she can ease her way back. Jovic is great in C and can play there with Braz sometimes moving into C. If they get Shimmin then they can move Ward out to WD with confidence the circle is still strong.

Although they have Brooke Allan as a TP who is an outstanding young defender. So maybe they will promote her.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Tully.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This indicates to me that Collingwood will either promote a TP or sign Shimmin. Shimmin and Mentor could be an interesting combination since they both represent England but are both best at GK.
    I think this is what Garrett needs, she needs new coaching and court time. She wasn’t going to get that at Collingwood.

nettygal
    Participant

It’s so interesting to see how players from the U21 World Cup team are going now – and what a difference coaching and the right opportunities can do.

Care Koenan, Sophie Garbin, Kim Jenner and Amy Parmenter didn’t make the team and are absolutely killing it now!

& then some like COB & O’Shannessy disrupted with injuries. And others like Garrett, Petty not yet had a chance to shine

& others were always going to be superstars no matter what like JLP, Eddy, Anstiss & Austin

Tully
    Participant

Glasgow was in that team too so 3 of them have had major injuries / surgery in the last 4 years.

Another example of missing a WYC team and coming back to shine is Liz Watson. Granted the midcourt in her cohort was incredibly strong with Rav, Simpson, Hadley and Proud.

Who was the 4th defender in that team? Weston, Bruce, Shimmin and ??

I can’t recall the shooters.. Tippett, Stanton and ???

ticklings
    Participant

@Tully Micaela Wilson was the 4th defender, and Brice/Lange were the shooters I believe!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by ticklings.
    Tully
    Participant

Ahh great memory Ticklings!!

Micaela Wilson! Interesting looking back that she was one of the first to get a contract. Was at Vixens then Magpies. Well and truly passed by the others and Mannix, Turner and Klau who missed the team.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours