SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I listened to a podcast where Hinchliffe talked about being a late addition to the 2017 squad but went on to being the MVP for Australia U21.

nettygal
    Participant

Liz Watson must have been quite a bit younger then? But yes she’s absolutely shining now. Seems a bit luck of the draw if you’re close to the 21 cut off for the 4 year cycle. Some talented 18/19 year olds would miss out

I think garret was only 18 in that team. She still had a bright future – hope a good team picks her up and she gets some good training and opportunities – would love to see her at Lightning. They’d have to be thinking about their team after Maweni

Tully
    Participant

Watson was a TP. Two years younger than Hadley and a year younger than Rav and Proud. Same age as Weston.

I think Garrett would fit in well at both Lightning or Adelaide. Depends what they each have planned.

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

I wonder if Collingwood have got April Brandley back…Giants may not have been in a position to offer her a full time contract.

Belle
    Participant

Where is Brandley’s family located?

NZChampion
    Participant

Teams look a bit bland with the signings. No major changes by the looks. The bottom 4 teams don’t look like improving anytime soon.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I agree about team signings looking bland, but I disagree about the bottom 4 not improvding. At this stage Magpies and Thunderbirds will probably be fighting to not be the wooden spoon, although if Thunderbirds pull in a big name for the midcourt they could be in with a chance. Giants will likely be in a similiar position though. Firebirds I expect to become contenders for the championship, along with Fever. Swifts I don’t know about cause they didn’t really perform that well this year, but still ended up in finals, and they don’t have a WD next year. I could see them slipping out of the top 4. Vixens obviously have a lot riding on who their final shooters are, but they should still be able to make finals I think. Lightning should still perform well, but I’m not sure if they be the TOP contender.
    Just based off all the info we have now, this would be my ladder predictions for 2021:
    Fever
    Firebirds
    Vixens
    Lightning
    Swifts
    Giants
    Thunderbirds
    Magpies

mcleod
    Participant

When do the teams have to named by?

Tully
    Participant

Around mid November. Can’t recall the exact date

MidnightSkye
    Participant

I really wish the vixens would name their shooters already.

For what it’s worth I think a great combination for them would be Mwai Kumwenda Rahni Samason and Binnian Hunt.

Tully
    Participant

So interesting…..Allie Smith is in Adelaide….

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Surely not? She’s a WD, we already have two players who cover that position (Petty and Van Der Merwe) and Nankivell does a decent job as well.

Tully
    Participant

No idea… just saw that is where she was on her instagram…

As a Vixens fan if we have lost Smith to keep Dehaney I’ll be very annoyed.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Yes, I saw it too. As she is a Victorian-born player, I have very little doubt in my mind that she is there for contract negotiations.

schmeetle
    Participant

How do sportspeople get exemptions to travel restrictions?? Unless Allie went straight from QLD to Adelaide.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours