SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

:cry:

Smith is the best young Vic to come through In years. Eddy can cover the circle. Terrible list management. Leaves Vixens with no WD backup to allow Eddy to move into the circle… great work. Victoria have a defensive production line so they keep an import that only plays GK which Mannix owns and both Weston and Eddy can cover :negative:

I was worried Vixens would lose Smith. Held some hope when her parents were part of the Vixens family video to the players saying how proud they were to be part of the Vixens family but if another club offers you a contract….

What are the Vixens list management doing? Shooters?? And now Smith :cry:

Nankivell, Horjus, Smith.. might become a TBirds fan…,

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Tully.
    Tully
    Participant

@ schmeetle no exemption would be required. The Vixens TPs + Honey spent the last week at the Gold Coast. So QLD to Adelaide.

al_ex
    Participant

If Smith does end up at the T’Birds, I wouldn’t be too concerned as a Vixens supporter. Victorian girls always seem to end up at home, and I’m sure Vixens haven’t burned any bridges there. The Vixens don’t really need 4 WDs, but it does seem strange that they would sign Dehaney again (and that she would sign with them as well with such little court time).

T’Birds may end up with a lot of 21/U players. Horjus, Blackman, Williams, Smith…

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Listen, I really love Smith and think she would be great for the Thunderbirds in the short term. BUT if you’re going to drop experienced players like Pitman and Shimmin and sign young players over more experienced and developed players, you might as well sign a current TP in SA. Smith will stay in Adelaide for two years tops and Thunderbirds will be stuck rebuilding again. Thunderbirds need to work on keeping players in the long-term and by signing a young interstate player, they are not doing that. Love Adelaide but for interstate players, especially those from NSW, Vic, and Queensland, they get tired of the city a lot quicker than you would expect and there are much less development opportunities for their non-netball careers. So I really don’t see the point personally. She’s a great player and will be great for this team but I am slightly worried about the rebuilding Thunderbirds will be stuck with in about two years when any of Guscoth, Van Der Merwe, Potgieter, and Sterling choose to leave

Tully
    Participant

Netballcrazy1 Smith is from Geelong not Melbourne so it’s Adelaide v Geelong. Smith May fall in love with Adelaide especially the beachside suburbs. I think Smith is studying nursing or at least was. If she still is then I’d think Adelaide would provide plenty of opportunities there.

I am sure Vixens haven’t burnt any bridges with Smith and it is purely an opportunity based decision. I just believe that Smith would be far more valuable to Vixens than Dehaney.

I will console myself in the knowledge TBirds can only offer a 1 year contract. But I doubt we will be as lucky as we were with Eddy to get her back.

I’ve posted on here that Smith is training to become a WD / C so you could see Smith in C and Nankivell in WA. I’d still like to see Williams get a contract as I think she deserves a spot probably more so than Smith does.

Maybe Vixens can get one back and recruit Nyah Allen.. unlikely but I can dream :rose:

I was worried Collingwood would want Smith so this is much better B-)

Tully
    Participant

SA also have Orr so hopefully they haven’t lost her to Collingwood.

gilll
    Participant

Does anyone know who are the likely coaches for the Firebirds and Magpies? I have heard Lisa Alexander’s name mentioned in passing.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

If Smith signs with the Thunderbirds then their mid court is full. So no Orr or Williams. I can’t get over how much talent is knocking on the door and how many players will be unlucky not to get a contract

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I’d be surprised if LA didn’t get one of the available coaching roles. JWT seems to be in charge of women’s sports at Collingwood and has worked with LA at the Thunderbirds so maybe she’s got a leg up there. But the Firebirds line up has to be tempting for her. Surely we will see her somewhere

Jbss
    Participant

I think its between going for the young gun up and comers(which we know she loves) and a few faves(Rav and Tippet) and staying at home in Melbourne helping instill a winning culture with the magpies. She has a proven track record for both models.

Z1989
    Participant

I think if LA was to get one of the two coaching jobs, it would definitely be firebirds. We all know her opinions on imports and Pies have 4 on their team. Plus if the coaching decision has already been made, I don’t think she would get rid of Garrett or sign McCollin to the team.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I agree that she’s more likely to be found at the Firebirds

Belle
    Participant

Seeing all the youngster this year makes me think how good the Australian under 21s team would be :yahoo:

englishrose21
    Participant

I just screamed at Lightning’s Instagram story! surely that’s Kate Shimmin???
    That would be an amazing signing for her

al_ex
    Participant

LA’s opinion on imports was based mostly around her being Diamonds coach. I would be really shocked if she didn’t recruit the best talent available to her as an SSN coach.

Not to get too much into personal lives, but I think having a partner makes a big difference to the chances of how long a player will stay away from their original state. Players like Bell and Pitman who had Adelaide-based partners were always likely to feel more at ‘home’. It would have been tough for Eddy to be injured in Sydney without her family and partner.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours