SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought the silhouette on Lightning’s Instagram looked like Koenen.

al_ex
      Participant

Same @Tully. Also the dog and the scrunchie make it seem like it’s her for me.

Ana
        Participant

It could be Kate Shimmin. She has a black lab that looks like the drawing.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

I hope it’s Shimmin as i see it more as a given that Koenan will stick around at Lightning anyways.
            Also, Smith looks to be visiting someone in Adelaide so who knows if it has anything to do with the Thunderbirds. It’s not as if they have a facility to show her or something but maybe she’s here to see if she like it, who knows. Why can’t they just make the announcements already

Tully
            Participant

For Lightning’s sake I hope it is Shimmin as I agree Koenen is a relative given. They do need an exciting signing or two or they will fall out of the top 4 next year.

But if Shimmin is going to a Lightning then Collingwood let Garrett go in favour of?

mcniffy23
              Participant

Who does everyone think the vixens are getting as there 2 other shooters? I’ve been hearing rumours that Wood may be on the move!

al_ex
                Participant

I feel like it would be a strange move for Wood. She’s played Finals netball 6 years in a row (5 grand finals in a row until this year), was the original signing at Lightning, has family and a partner there and would have to be on a higher salary than she would in Melbourne. Plus playing with Koenen is important for maintaining her Diamonds spot. I guess McMahon could be a pull but is that really enough?

MidnightSkye
                  Participant

I love the conversations trying to figure out what the vixens will do.
                    I posted this earlier I would like for the vixens to be Mwai Kumwenda, Rahni Samason and Binnian Hunt.
                    I feel it could give the vixens a dynamic circle with a lot of options similar to this year.
                    I also really love the idea of 2 young Aussie players

Tully
                    Participant

I’d be surprised if Vixens have pulled that off! I’d be rapt but surprised!

What I heard out of the Vixens camp twice including at the GF was that they were to sign a young Victorian (I originally Convinced myself that would be McDonald but now I’m convinced it will be Samason) and an interstate player who has played SSN. But all the likely candidates for that second spot are signed elsewhere now. It didn’t sound like this player was that experienced not as much as Wood anyway. But perhaps they were keeping it under wraps?!?

I suppose Wood didn’t have a great year and I did watch an interview with her where she spoke of trying to regain motivation and passion. So a change of clubs may help with that. To be coached by McMahon would be a big attraction for any GA but is it enough? Wood has been struggling with knee injuries in recent times and McMahon certainly understands that as well. Wood is great mates with Watson and it could be that from a Diamonds perspective Wood prioritises a combination with Watson who is a starting 7 player over Koenen? Realistically if Bueta returns to her best form then the Diamonds best shooting combination may well be Bueta – Wood rather than Wood – Koenen.

Wood doesn’t like playing against Weston so that’s be one way to prevent having to do that in an SSN game! :whistle:

It could help them retain Smith as Wood would be the WA backup.

I do have a feeling Nyah Allen will be at Lightning. Based on no information.

I’d be very very (pleasantly) surprised if Wood goes to Vixens.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Tully.
                      Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Diamond Diaries: Day 2

Seems like this has been done for every day of the Diamonds Squad camp except for Day 1. Should be able to view the rest of the days if you scroll below the video that this link will direct you to

MidnightSkye
                        Participant

Lol yep my thoughts are also based on no actual infomation but had to put them out there like a wish ?

mcniffy23
                          Participant

I hope so! I like wood as a player and being coached by mcmahon would help!

TB
                            Participant

Any possibility that ALM could go to the Vixens?

Can’t see Wood moving. But if she did, agree that McMahon would be the draw card.

enozlas
                              Participant

Sorry if I missed it but where did Dwan sign? I can’t remember if she resigned at firebirds….? If not could she be going to vixens?

No, she’s back at Firebirds. Was never going anywhere. Couldn’t believe the talk that she was leaving.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 768 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top