SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There are many young shooter coming up each states pathway wondering were the vixens will chose to get there shooter from. 🤔 I am very excited to see how much they will improve throughout the year with the coaching staff they have.

greenasgxld
    Participant

I think Kate Shimmin has signed for Lightning. It looks like her on their socials.

This does excite me as a Lightning fan. I think she’s been quite underrated. I hope she helps to solve the dilemma that Lightning have against Fever (specifically Fowler).

Tully
    Participant

If Vixens go with two absolute rookies then I will be very surprised if they aren’t Victorian.

McKinnis oversaw the change from Chatfield and Mentor to Mannix and Weston and the emergence Of Watson and Moloney. They are all diamonds now. McKinnis May see it as time to do the same with the shooting circle.

Vixens still have Kumwenda to deliver most of their goals and Watson to deliver her the ball. That’s not to say GA is not important of course it is just that whoever the young gun is will have loads of support around her.

enozlas
    Participant

I’m thrilled lightning have signed Shimmin!!
    She deserves a contract and I think will add a solid option in defence. Lightning showed their lack of depth in the defence end during finals when they had no answer for Fowler and didn’t bring in ALJ. Great move by the lightning and so so happy Shimmin has a contract!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by enozlas.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by enozlas.
    Tully
    Participant

Great news for both Lightning and Shimmin.

Tully
    Participant

So who did Collingwood drop Garrett for?

Brandley is the only big name defender unsigned isn’t she? Whilst all the imports from England, South Africa and Jamaica are also committed to teams.

Interesting…

Edit: There is Kate Eddy. But why would she leave Vixens??

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This is AMAZING news! Great for her, she 100% deserves this and it’s also great for Lightning’s defence end depth, they might be more prepared to make changes in defence if they need too. (Love my Thunderbirds but secretly hope Shimmin has a cracker when she plays against them and Lightning win – yes that’s how annoyed I was with letting her talents go!)

enozlas
    Participant

Unless Smith is jumping across to Collingwood in hopes of more court time?

Also has it been announced that Cassidy signed anywhere yet?

Tully
    Participant

Collingwood really need a circle defender though. Yes Smith can play GD but she really is transitioning to the mid court. Leaves them very short if something happened to Mentor?

I know Smith had a very good year but dropping one young defender for another and having no GK backup would be interesting.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Tully.
    enozlas
    Participant

I’m trying to work out who’s left…? Unless Brandley back to magpies and garret to giants?

Tully
    Participant

Yeah Brandley is the only one I can think of.

Magpies did have two spots left though …. but I thought they might use one of those to go for a WA / C to ease Browne back. Although Braz is Coming back from an injury too… But won’t it be over 12 months before the season starts? And Braz is so fit. Sharni Lambden is an outstanding young WD / C / GD and has been a training partner with them for 2 or 3 seasons. She had shoulder surgery this year. Was the stand out WD in the age group above Smith. Would be amazing to see them back in Lambden as she really is very special just needs a chance. Brooke Allan is a great young GK that is a TP with them. I love Smith and she had a great year this year but was given the opportunity to do so. I would say Allan and Lambden are just as good they just need Magpies to back them in.

Pitman still doesn’t have a contract.

enozlas
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the Vic pathways enough to know Lambden but if it was the choice between an young gun and Brandley I would hope clubs would sign the young gun. I’ve never really understood the hype over Brandley and think she is towards the back end of her career anyways so it’s not a long term investment…

I would not be surprised if pitman does not play in SSN next season.

Tully
    Participant

Same. Victoria is a production line for defensive talent. If Smith does go to Collingwood then I hope Lambden moves pack into the NV pathways and is a Vixens TP. Smith has benefited from two years of intense training with McKinnis so it’s be great for Lambden to get that too.

Tassie Magpies won ANL a couple years ago and it’s really only Sinclair I believe that Magpies have brought through to SSN. Lambden and Allen were both in that team.

Tully
    Participant

I think Bragg is worth retaining. But seeing as they haven’t announced anything she might be back to a TP….

jlo1997
    Participant

Garrett to TBirds maybe? Wasn’t Obst u/21 coach in 2017 so there is a connection there… a possibility?

I think Giants would sign McDonnell before Garrett, Brandley maybe back to the Pies?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours