SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well Lightning are announcing another player tomorrow…

I hope it’s Cassidy (I just assume Wood and Koenen will be announced in due course).

Ian Harkin

mcniffy23
    Participant

I think it could be Cassidy since there’s still 2 spots for the mid court!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Nat Medhurst did a little bit of a Q and A on her instagram earlier and was asked if she was playing netball next season. Think it was intended to be a general question not necessarily SSN but Nat responded by saying, ‘no plants to play… unless someone got desperate’. If only our problem was a shortage of players…

nanator
    Participant

Ashlee Unie signed to lightning 10!!
    Didn’t expect that, but good to see Australian talent promoted

mcniffy23
    Participant

I read on Facebook they were going to do 1 or 2! Maybe that’s 1 and the other ones tomorrow! But feel like it could be pitman or Cassidy!

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

What an odd time of the day to make an announcement. But it is very good to see TPs rewarded for hard work and dedication.

Tully
    Participant

Wonderful. I really wanted Unie to get a contract. Well deserved. Look forward to watching Unie play.

So just Cassidy, Koenen and Wood to go :whistle:

Tully
    Participant

Agree weird timing of an announcement! They out out an announcement that they are naming two players tomorrow at 4. Trying to build anticipation of that. Then they name Unie tonight.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Random thought but if Wood was to leave (which I think is pretty unlikely at this stage) then SCL could choose to enter a kind of rebuilding phase where they promote Hunt and train up another GS as a TP when Proscovia leaves. Then in 2021 you would imagine maybe a retirement from Scherian, Proscovia, or Maweni. Their roster could be filled with young and local players if they have the ability to do so

al_ex
    Participant

I’m not sure if Hunt is really there, at least not yet. I think she needs some more ANL seasons and a lot of work on her shot before she ‘s ready for a contract.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Oh yes, I forgot I didn’t really consider that I haven’t seen her on court kuch so don’t know what level she is at. Just mean that SCL have a large group of young TPs that could be the future of their club. Hope to see Allen there in a TP role, maybe having her sister there already will be a draw card for her

Tully
    Participant

If Wood and Koenen are staying put (which I expect) then Allen is better staying in Melbourne. Maybe switching to Vixens. More opportunities short to medium term.

Just a random thought of mine. I’d laugh if this started a rumour :wacko: Could
    vixens sign Commane? Personally I hope not. I’d rather they look to the future as I believe it’s the perfect time to do so however, they have often looked to her in the past. Just a random thought. Or is she signed to Bath again?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Tully.
    Ian Harkin

Cara Koenen and Steph Wood re-sign.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I think that was the most likely scenario so not surprised, I will be interested to see who that fourth midcourt spot goes too. I think Cassidy, but Pitman is still uncontracted and even Gardner but she is less likely to be signed if they’re looking for experience

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours