SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not surprised Wood and Koenen are staying at Lightning.

But I am surprised they haven’t announced Cassidy yet. Or maybe I am wrong and she isn’t going there?

thunder123
    Participant

So there was talk of a “SSN experienced shooter joining the Vixens”.
    Is it only Stanton left ??

Muffie
    Participant

Stanton is not a good signing for Vixens. Wow can’t see anyone worth signing as starting GA.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

From my recollection, the rumour about the Vicens signing a shooter with SSN experience came before Stanton’s announcement was even made (and I’m fairly confident Stanton was only informed a day or two prior) so I’m thinking it’s a young player who has previously played at this level and got injured or a player who dropped off. Thinking Samason, Hodges, Allen, or maybe someone whose been playing ANL for a few years but previously had a contract somewhere.

Erin
    Participant

Ine-Mari Venter has signed with Saracens Mavericks. Glad she has a place where she can have more court time.

When does the window close for SSN?

Joyjamie
    Participant

It’s closed today except for Team Bath who have been given an extension for some reason due to player contracts. That could be the only team where Chelsea Pitman could play for.

Tully
    Participant

Not sure what Lightning announcing Wood and Koenen has to do with Vixens plans? They were never leaving Sunshine Coast to move to Melbourne. I love Melbourne but now way I would move back there right now.

No one worth signing as a starting GA?

Fortunately for Australian netball Firebirds didn’t think that way with Dwan or TBirds with Horjus.

At some point you have to rebuild. Mannix and Weston were youngsters when McKinnis backed them. Now they are Diamonds. Same with Moloney and Watson.

I personally would love to see Samason get a contract. She didn’t win 2018 ANL player of the year for nothing. Pretty sure Garbin won it in 2017 and look at her now. Samason has been set back by her ACL which she did at Vixens training. Rehab was done through VIS. Dwan missed all of 2019 with a broken foot then had a cracker 2020 SSN season with an opportunity.

I also rate Nyah Allen very very highly. As a Vixens fan I’d be completely comfortable with her at GA.

Vixens are not replacing the primary goal scorer, the primary ball deliverer or even the main player off the CP. Those structures remain for the young player to fit into.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

MAHALIA CASSIDY TO DON LIGHTNING COLOURS IN 2021

The lightning team looks very good. Great defensive depth and lots of young yet strong players.
    Hmmmmm so a return to Fever is Pitman’s only option?

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Fever already have their ten…

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Vixens, Giants and Magpies are the only ones who have yet to sign their full 10 yet, right? The only plausible option for Pitman is Giants IMO. But great signing for Lightning and can’t wait to see what they do in 2021 with a few fresh faces.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Really! I thought they had one spot left, whoops.

Well I’m pretty sure all the mid court spots are stitched up unless Giants want her, but that would mean dropping someone. So Pitman goes unsigned in the SSN. Might move to Team Bath and play VNSL?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Netballcrazy1.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Okay I edited my above comment but obviously it didn’t work.

What I meant is that Giants could sign Pitman but would have to forego their usually defence heavy roster and revert to a more traditional mid court with 4 middies.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Lightning looking strong. No Langman is a huge loss, but Cassidy and Shimmin are 2 great signings

enozlas
    Participant

As a Tbirds supporter I’m getting more and more anxious….
    felt like we were starting to build something the last few years but the longer we go without announcements the worse it feels..

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Agree, enozlas. I’ve pretty much convinced myself that whatever signing announcements are made from here on out will be underwhelming and to not hope for anything better than 7th place next year (if even that). Thunderbirds management needs a complete overhaul, some very poor decision making.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours