SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am purely worried about Pitman’s status at this point. She is at SSN level and a national player, without a contract, how can she be expected to continue? If she misses out on a contract I think it will say a lot but I just don’t think it makes much sense. Really hoping Giants don’t go for an extra defender and maybe consider Pitman.

al_ex
    Participant

I feel like Pitman might go uncontracted and hope for an injury here or in NZL. I don’t see her going back to play VNSL, especially with all of the COVID concerns in the UK and her family here. It would be great for her to get a go at Giants but unless Brandley decides to step away from the sport I don’t see it happening. Even if a midcourt spot becomes available JFitz might promote COB instead. There are a few Kiwi teams that could have used her (Tactix and Mystics come to mind) if the contracting periods aligned a bit better, maybe they would be interested if an opening came up.

mcleod
    Participant

Tactix don’t need Pitman, they have a WA in Pedersen.

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

Any guesses when Giants will announce their final player?
    I think they desperately need some experience and a change up in their attacking midcourt and so I really do hope it is Pitman, although I have a feeling they will go defence heavy again and sign Brandley..

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Newton is a good signing for Magpies. Allows Mentor to be rested if needed

Jbss
    Participant

I feel like Garret could have played GK if Mentor needed a rest?

Maryann
    Participant

Mystics don’t need Pitman either. They have Toeava.

Ian Harkin

Leeds Rhinos are making a big announcement tonight (Aus time). I’m really thinking (expecting) it could be Pitman.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

That would make sense. Pitman and Dan Ryan have an existing relationship, and a pretty good one from what I remember, and its a full-time contract.
    What a shame that she is going to have to leave Aus to find a contract but still happy that she’s at least playing and as a bonus, with some Roses teammates.

TB
    Participant

Looking at the Tbirds lineup, Pitman would be the perfect player to work in with this young midcourt.
    I’m still baffled that they have let her go. It almost doesn’t make sense. Even if she wasn’t part of the starting 7, imagine all that experience coming off the bench.

Ian Harkin

al_ex
    Participant

Well that was fast! It wasn’t really a netball retirement in the end, more just a step down from SSN level. I hope she loves it, a lot of players like Leota, Bailey etc. seem to really enjoy playing over in England.

englishrose21
    Participant

So excited by this announcement! When she said she still wanted to play I didn’t think she meant next season but still!! She’ll smash it here. Jade at C and her at WA feeding Wallam will be very good and amazing opportunity for the younger players to learn.
    But still surprised it isn’t Chelsea, it doesn’t look like we’ll see her at SSN level or any other level which is such a shame. Unless the extend to 12 and then I’d love to see her go to Giants or Fever!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by englishrose21.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

She just retired so I am very surprised by this announcement and it is also a massive move for her leaving her partner and family behind. Sad that Pitman, who obviously still wants to play at this level wasn’t signed and Browne, who has been battling knee injuries for a while now, could have a problem with the resurfacing of those injuries. Still, though, it should be interesting to see what she can bring to the Rhinos, she has a lot to offer.

Belle
    Participant

No way 😲😲😱😱
    I can’t believe she has signed with the Rhinos. Happy for her though!

Was Pitmans Instagram post from yesterday a form of retirement 🤔

I wonder if Pitman will sign with anyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours