SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I did really wonder if Layla would go back to SSN next season after all the difficulties working here in the UK and quarantining again. I would love to see her at bath that would be amazing! Really hope Chels gets a contract too otherwise that’s two of our roses that will be uncontracted for 2021 :/

James
    Participant

Adelaide either sign a defender or a midcourt. I liked what I saw of van der Merwe in GD last year so her and Garrett could share GD and get another midcourter
    Petty and Nankivell can easily cover WD/C but they might need a WA. If only they didn’t get rid of Pitman!

Sarah0
    Participant

They’ve got McDonald for WA?

thunder123
    Participant

Chelsea Pitman has been announced by Garville netball club – local state league club in south Australia

Joyjamie
    Participant

Did not see that one coming felt sure she was headed to the UK with Team Bath. Not sure where this leaves her place in England team now

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

If she still wants to play professionally, hopefully, she can sort something out with English management. She will probably have to maintain very high fitness and must get a contract somewhere in 2022. Hopefully, this isn’t the end of her career if she doesn’t want it to be.

englishrose21
    Participant

I don’t see Pitman playing for England again. They aren’t in the full time programme because they are playing in the best league in the world but now she isn’t?
    Also I don’t think she’ll play Comm games so I’d have thought they’d be looking to the future?

I guess her signing to an SA prem team means she’s holding out for an injury in the ssn?

Joyjamie
    Participant

does the Suncorp and premier league start at the same time?

Netballcrazy0896
    Participant

I’m sure she could have secured a VNSL contract, but she’s very settled in Adelaide and probably didn’t want to leave her family – especially with the uncertainty around COVID. If match day squad sizes are extended to 12, she might nab a TP role if the prem season dates don’t clash?
    Really hoping this isn’t the last we see of Chelsea at SSN level, but whatever the future looks like there is no denying she is a class act and should hold her head high.

Zara
    Participant

I am so gutted for Chels, a player of her quality should not just be edged out of a squad without a real decision making process (that the player is aware of). It’s a shame that it isn’t her choosing to move down to state league and it really doesn’t bode well for her roses position, although I guess Haythornthwaite will be the preferred WA for the next few years.

al_ex
    Participant

Kwangwa is an amazing player, for me she could be the next Pretorius/Ward. Hopefully she can shine in VNSL and we get to see her in SSN in the future.

JR
    Participant

Stanton signs with Vixens.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Hmmm not excited by that signing but I’m quite interested in the other GA who has been promoted from the Vixens squad. I think I was hoping Vixens would look to attract Allen or Hodges but I guess Stanton gives them something a little different.

caribou
    Participant

Hopefully, Barkmeyer is as good as rumour suggests.

al_ex
    Participant

Stanton is a good signing, she’s the best unsigned GS/GA in the country. She was good in 2017 and was doing well at GA in the first half of 2019 before her injury. With McMahon’s coaching her GA game will come a long way. Given Medhurst herself congratulated Stanton on the contract, hopefully some of the superfans will calm down the attacks on her.

I have never seen Berkmeyer play but she seems quite highly rated. I wonder if she’ll push for court time. McDonald’s path to SSN looks quite blocked now, she may have to look elsewhere. Samason will be fine after a year at TP-level.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours