SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Cobden would be very valuable to the Swifts. But maybe she wants to stay in England. Although isn’t her boyfriend an Australian volleyballer? Where is he based?

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Cobden should be thinking about rehab and making sure her knees are 100% before even considering going back to Suncorp. Thunderbirds rushed her back and kept her on court when she was complaining about knee tightness just before she did her ACL again

Leopard1
    Participant

Tully agree with you on Glasgow. A great talent and not sure why Thuderbirds would let her go. A great pick up for the next team she plays for. On ALJ I certainly don’t agree she is flat footed and slow. Have a look at the first Vixens game with Lightning and watch her cover Kumwenda in the circle. That’s not slow or flat footed. And the intercept on Fowler in the second match with Fever.

Tully
    Participant

The fact that everyone is raving about ONE intercept really says it all for me. One intercept gets everyone excited. Perhaps it was due to low expectations? Then what did she do for the rest of the game?

Let’s see ALJ on Kumwenda now. Kumwenda now is a different player to Kumwenda at the start of the season when she is clearly the 3rd Vixens shooter before breaking back into starting 7.

I don’t think TBirds did let Glasgow go. As I wrote above my interpretation of that press release is they wanted her and Glasgow has pursued other opportunities.

Tully
    Participant

I hear Glasgow is off to Collingwood.

Keen to hear what Nyah Allen does. Way underused this year. Too good to be a TP.

al_ex
    Participant

Collingwood was always going to be the best option for her in my opinion. Great midcourt in front of her, a crack at the starting GA bib (unless they recruit a superstar) and also the opportunity to be used at GS a bit. I think it’ll be great for her, it’s awesome to see a player take initiative I thought that recruitment would be quiet because of COVID (especially to Victoria).

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Sinclair/Glasgow/Nelson could potentially be the makeup of the shooting end next year at Collingwood. But I think Allen needs a contract somewhere, if that’s not at Collingwood then Vixens? At least she can stay in Vic. I personally would love to see Allen and Glasgow together but I doubt we will see that because it means dropping either Sinclair or Nelson

Tully
    Participant

Glasgow has to fight Sinclair for the GA bib. She could have walked into it at Vixens and played with the Diamonds WA. Not sure Collingwood were the most obvious option unless I have missed something :unsure:

I agree it is awesome to see a player take it into their own hands and pursue another opportunity to progress. I really rate Glasgow. With a Big 2021 she should be knocking on the Diamonds door.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Tully.
    Tully
    Participant

Perhaps Glasgow wants the GS bib off Nealson? I’d back her in. But then I wouldn’t back her to get it off Kumwenda.

I’d rather not see Glasgow playing a feeding type GA role to Nelson. But Nelson is such a holding presence and does take up a lot of the circle.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I agree, preferably Glasgow would go to Vixens where she would have the amazing opportunity to work with Diamonds players in Watson and train against Mannix and Weston. But I don’t know what a Kumwenda abs Glasgow circle would look like, it could work but it may need a little more speed? Then again, Thwaites and Kumwenda was an amazing with a speedy Watson so maybe it would work.
    At Collingwood she would still play with Browne and Braz and train against Mentor BUT Nelson is a very dominant shooter so I don’t know how that could work with Glasgow in there as she too is an amazing shooter and I don’t want to see her get game time at GA but not shoot. Again a moving circle would be more ideal, playing with Nelson does not provide that for her.

I can’t wait to hear about actual signings. One i really can’t wait any longer for is CBass.

al_ex
    Participant

I think the GS opportunity is what makes the difference between the clubs. I don’t really rate Sinclair that much, so unless she improves greatly over the off-season I think Glasgow will get a lot of opportunity at GA. Plus she is a good GS option. Kumwenda has shown how unbelievably consistent she is since about Round 4, and I don’t think Glasgow would get any GS court time there. A part of me feels like the Vixens would be better suited to a more mobile GA as well. Obviously Thwaites has been great this year but their style of play has always traditionally been run by a fast and commanding GA. I doubt they’ll go for an import but if they did I think McCollin could be great there.

Jbss
    Participant

I hope Glasgow gets to keep playing at GS, no she may not be an easy lob in option like Fowler or Basset but she provides so much more strong holds, dynamic ability, athleticism, rebounding and screening ability and long range accuracy. I think teams need to stop looking for the type cast GS and be more flexible in their thinking. Thats what won NZ the WC. England also play a moving circle quite often all it means is that the GA gets to take on a higher shot volume. Which is fine if you have a Tippet, Ekenasio or Housby

Tully
    Participant

I fear Glasgow will fall into a feeding role to Nelson. That worries me. I rate her so highly and Diamonds need her.

I don’t rate Sinclair that highly either but Collingwood must do or else Nyah Allan (who I do rate highly) would have been given a legitimate opportunity. Very keen to see where Allan goes, depending on where that is I’d tip her to have a break out 2021.

As much as I would play Glasgow over Nelson in GS I fear she will be at GA feeding Nelson. Yes, Kumwenda is a dominant GS but she works well with both Philip and Thwaites. Both of whom do not playing a predominant feeding role.

Vixens have only really always had a speedy GA because they have been blessed with McMahon and Philip for the last however many years. Thwaites has shown the team can adapt.

Once the signing period opens the announcements should come pretty fast. At the moment clubs can only resign existing players or their own TPs. Players can sign letters of intent only with other clubs.

But when you think about it preseason will probably start in about two months already!! So majority of clubs (and players) know exactly what they want and are doing.

mcleod
    Participant

The pre season for the SSN is far to long. The players should have the rest of the year off.
    Start fresh in Feb next year,

Tully
    Participant

Another player that needs to change clubs or is in fear of drifting away is Stanton. Not sure where a good home for her would be though.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours