SSN 2021 signings/rumours

SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-09-21T09:26:33+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 768 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I rate Stanton lower than Glasgow, Allen, Dwan and I think we had had plenty of opportunities without consistently delivering.

Tully I also agree with you re ALJ. She has had little court time for a reason. She doesn’t look highly conditioned either.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I think Glasgow needs a shot at GS in a moving circle or if she will forced to play GA, not with a shooter that can’t share the load. This is why I thought Vixens would be a better fit than Collingwood. I can see her still putting up a good enlugh volume of shots if she’s at GA with Kumwenda at GS. I think Stanton is in a similar position. But yeah, I think Allen, Glasgow, and Dwan need to move to places where they know they will get court time and in the right position as well. Who knows, if CBass goes overseas, we may see an opportunity open up at the Giants. Let’s not forget Garbin probably wants to be getting more court time in 2021 as well.
    Lots of shooter pushing for court time and simply too many import shooters. I acknowledge what imports have added to our game but in the shooting third we have Housby, Wallace, Aiken, Potgieter, Harten, Fowler, Venter, Kumwenda, and Nelson. That’s just WAY too many at the moment and unfortunately it’s essentially one shooting import per team at the moment (minus swifts) so there isn’t much a rule change could do either.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Netballcrazy1.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

My edit didn’t work above but…
    Lots of shooter pushing for court time and simply too many import shooters. I acknowledge what imports have added to our game but in the shooting third we have Housby, Wallace, Aiken, Potgieter, Harten, Fowler, Venter, Kumwenda, and Nelson. That’s just WAY too many at the moment and unfortunately it’s essentially one shooting import per team at the moment (minus swifts) so there isn’t much a rule change could do either. But this has and will continue to affect the court time of players like Glasgow, Allen, Stanton, Dwan, and Garbin. I love our imports, they’re amazing, but I can’t wait until the league has around 10 teams, I think it could do wonders for our pathways if managed correctly so that it doesn’t just cause an influx of imports.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Love the imports. Could Sam Wallace be leaving the Swifts? If you look at her Instagram page today her and Nat Haythornwaite are heading for Brisbane why the rest of the squad are in Gold Coast. Could she be heading to the Uk with the Leeds Rhinos? Good signing for them but blow for Swifts

Cath
    Participant

Both might just be heading home to see their families?

Tully
    Participant

If CBass leaves Giants surely they would promote Sophie Dwyer. Brilliant young player.

I can’t see Dwan leaving Firebirds. It will limit her court time next year but longer time Bueta – Dwan will be their starting Shooting combination.

K2
    Participant

Bueta may also not start the season – I think she is due January from her insta posts? So Dwan may very well have full court time for a decent chunk of next season anyway at Firebirds.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by K2.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by K2.
    al_ex
    Participant

Wallace is too good to go back to Superleague. If she’s not playing next year I think it’s probably her own choosing. A lot of people don’t understand just how much she’s gone through and how difficult it’s been for her over here since she came in 2017.

Dwyer has to get a contract. If the Giants don’t give her one the Swifts will surely be on the phone. Letherbarrow can have the other contract.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

So according to Karen Petunia on the NZ forum, the CBass announcement to be made by Magic tomorrow so I guess we’ll know soon enough if Giants will promote Dwyer or recruit from another club. I am expecting them to promote Dwyer or recruit a player who is still raw and okay with not receiving too much court time. It would be hard to attract a player like Glasgow who is leaving Thunderbirds to receive court time because whoever is signed will be behind the favoured circle of Austin and Harten (unless Harten pulls a massive surprise and leaves)

Tully
    Participant

Harten now has permanent residency.

Giants won’t let Dwyer go. But if she does want court time now then she should move to Melbourne because she is good enough now. But that won’t happen.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Tully.
    Karen Petunia
    Participant

Sasha Glasgow going to Collingwood! or Vixens if they’ll have her. Its a perfect fit. :bye:

Karen Petunia
    Participant

Sasha Glasgow to Fever, and Kayla Stanton to Pulse!

Karen Petunia
    Participant

Sahsa Glasgow moving to Fever as they get rid of Kayla Stanton! Maybe Kayla moving to the Central Pulse?
    and is it just me who thinks that maybe just maybe Chelsea Pitman isn’t the strong leader everyone depicts her to be? if I’m being honest, she seems quite selfish and all about herself..

scratcher
    Participant

Signings will reflect the format of 2021 game, ie 12 / 10 person roster and supershot. If no supershot, I would not be surprised to see players like Gooden, Allen, Dwyer and Leatherbarrow be training partners at best. I suspect a 10 person roster til at least 2022 so might not see as many changes as everyone thinks. I think most of the action will occur at the end of next season when all contracts start again. However Horjus should get a contract now as well as Aryang and Dwan who was demoted to being a squad member this year.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

I hope Stanton isn’t going to Pulse. What a waste of import spot

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 768 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours