SSN moves to Foxtel/Kayo in 2022

SSN moves to Foxtel/Kayo in 20222021-02-03T10:20:37+10:00

Forums Australia SSN moves to Foxtel/Kayo in 2022

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Have to wait and see. There are a lot of questions like this today, but honestly, we don’t know. I think it might be up to Sky to buy the rights to show the games in NZ & UK.

CharlesWB
    Participant

I for one am happy with this. (Although it does mean I have to scrap plans to end my Foxtel subscription ;-) )

Finally I will be able to watch in HD! (In rural Qld the main 9 channel via Imparja is not HD! and the SD quality is actually terrible for a a fast moving sport)

The last time Foxtel had the sport the “product” was great.

And did I read correctly that there are ancillary programs planned? (like “The netball Show” type of thing)

9 did very little to promote or grow the reach of the game. I do not remember ever hearing the host of the Sunday Footy Show EVER saying, at the end of their show, “Stay tuned for the Netball, coming up next”. The most basic of promotion really.

englishrose21
    Participant

As someone from the UK I love the app. It’s so easy and not too expensive.
    It’s disconcerting that they say in the FAQs they’ll let us know about international viewing closer to the time.
    I definitely can’t afford $25 a month even just for a few months. On top of paying for everything else such as Sky. Amazon Prime should buy it like the football, that would be the best.
    I loved the ease of the app and am glad to have it for one more year.

Zara Collings
    Participant

I agree English Rose. I was happy to pay for the netball live app because it wasn’t expensive and I use it to rewatch games throughout the year. I hope they don’t remove it as I love rewatching the previous seasons of ssn.

I would be really reluctant to pay much more to only access one seasons worth of games, especially if it is much more expensive. Fingers crossed either sky or prime pick up the international streams, sky would surely be the best hope since they have agreed to stream every VNSL game.
    Hope we get some clarity soon!

englishrose21
    Participant

Hopefully Sky get international rights and then will show in the UK & NZ.
    Such great news that they’re showing all VNSL games, about time!

Ian Harkin
    bubbles
    Participant

So does this mean no more 2 point shot :good:

Jbss
    Participant

God I hope this means no 2 point shot or BPs and I’m excited if it means we get to see netball related talk shows etc like the one Cath Cox and Will McCloy did. I wonder who the commentators etc will be given most were employed through 9? Will we see Ellis and Gaudion still able to come across?

Ian Harkin

Sadly, I don’t think it’ll be an end to things like the super shot. Yes, there will definitely be more netball related shows. And there’s no reason why most of the current commentators can’t or won’t move to the new channel.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SSN moves to Foxtel/Kayo in 2022