2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports

2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports2023-03-08T23:47:32+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 926 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yeah it’s obviously such a disappointing way for Aiken to potentially go out, but I think it was the right decision. Romelda hasn’t been the force she once was for a while now (even if she did improve again towards the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021). Letting Dwan go because of not allowing the Bueta/Dwan connection flourish would have been a lesson for the Firebirds, and I think keeping Wallam is proof that they want to allow combinations and raw talents to grow.

It’s happening more and more that legends aren’t getting contracts at the end of their careers. Bassett, now Aiken. It just shows how competitive SSN is. It’s a good sign of the quality of international netball, it’s never been this high before.

Tbirds will announce another player in 45 minutes. Looks very much like it will be Austin.

sarahk90
        Participant

Looks like Lucy Austin’s signing announcement is coming! Thunderbirds teased a video with what is (I think) Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds playing over it

D-fencr
          Participant

I’m very pleased, Lucy is a talent and deserves that spot.

All the people on the Tbirds social media who assumed Cardwell’s signing meant Austin wouldn’t be signed can eat their words a bit.

Again, I go back to that game a few rounds out from the end of the season when the replacement player Austin played the whole game while Potgieter sat on the bench. It was pretty clear then what was going to happen.

NB12
                  Participant

Great to see another young Aussie shooter getting an opportunity.

TheBroadbean
                    Participant

They will just moan about Cardwell taking the GA spot away from Dwan and Horjus instead now!

muzz
                      Participant

It will be great for Lucy to learn a lot from Cardwell

enozlas
                        Participant

Could my dream line up be coming true?!!! ??
                          If Cardwell gels with the front line Tbirds could be lethal.

netballgirl
                          Participant

Lucy Austin is an obvious choice. Though my only concern with her is she tends to fade out in the last quarter and makes silly errors.
                            I don’t think she’s ready to put out a flawless 60 minute performance. Hopefully Cardwell can slide into that GS position when needed.

enozlas
                            Participant

I actually think they will start Cardwell in GS with Dwan in GA (if she signs) and the change up will be Cardwell to GA and Austin to GS

NB12
                              Participant

Yes, I would say Dwan will be the starting GA (if she signs), at least to begin with.

And Dwan will learn a lot from Cardwell too. The reason Dwan did so well at FBs is because of the experience around her, she didn’t have that at Tbirds this year. Lenize is a great player but she isn’t a leader on court, she is too busy battling her own demons to impart knowledge and leadership on the players around her.

Tippah Dwan is back at Thunderbirds

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 926 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top