2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports

2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, team news & match reports2023-03-08T23:47:32+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 926 total)
  • Author

Yeah, I remember her retirement announcement made it pretty clear she was only retiring from SSN, not club netball in general.

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Firebirds TP Ash Ervin joins the Lightning roster! I’m surprised they went for four defenders again, especially as without Walsh none of them are strong at WD (apart from Pretorius who needs to be in the circle). There’s still one more position to fill there right? Maybe Veve to take another FBs training partner 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by StatsNerd21.
            moooz
            Participant

I honestly feel the two Ash’s are at the wrong teams. Firebirds need another GK option which Ervin is, while Lightning need another WD option which Unie is.

StatsNerd21
              Participant

So right @moooz
                Ignore me, that’s the last position. Lightning roster looking a bit weak yet again, at least Miller should get a lot of court time.

sami j
                Participant

I see this more as succession planning from lightning as I get the idea that this will be Karla’s last year and maybe Dehaney will be dropped if she doesn’t impress.
                  I do agree that the two Ash’s would have been better suited to their tp teams

Honestly thought Ervin would be at the Firebirds. Some of the squad decisions this off season a little strange.

sarahk90
                      Participant

Does anyone else play WD in Lightning besides Mahalia Cassidy (and Karla but she’s surely a mainstay in the circle)? Maddie Hinchliffe would have been handy now…

StatsNerd21
                        Participant

Tara has spent a bit of time at WD but I doubt she’s trained there in years.

Waylay
                          Participant

I read on Twitter that Veve said no to Lightning contract. I find that hard to believe but interesting if true….

Kerryn
                            Participant

Tara also played GD at the fast 5, which in effect is playing both GD and WD, and was excellent bringing the ball down the court, has always been a benefit having a tallish WD who knows how in the circle works (Katrina Rore excelled at WD when she switched)

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 926 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top