2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news2022-07-19T21:21:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My dream Tbirds list:

Sterling
    Wilson
    Garrett
    Petty
    Williams
    Nankivell
    Horjus
    Dwan
    Cardwell
    L.Austin

The versatility!
    😍😍😍😍😍

netballgirl
    Participant

I hope the thunderbirds have someone good lined up. Dropping Potgieter for Austin would be a silly mistake. I heard Cardwell hasn’t signed on with thunder so maybe she’ll sign with Thunderbirds, and maybe they’ll drop McDonald for Austin.
    I hope Nakiville stays.

Also Sinclair is better than Garbin, silly idea to drop her.

sami j
    Participant

Probably wishful thinking but I’d love to see Mi Mi at magpies over Lind, she offers a lot more versatility. Hopefully Nyah Allen gets a spot now that Sinclair is gone.
    It would be nice to see someone like Ash Unie, Hulita Veve or Sharni Lambden get SFB’s spot at fever because I have no idea who they will get to replace her

D-fencr
    Participant

Mimi at magpies would be a good! She would sit behind Browne in WA but could see her rivalling Sinclair in C?

I really hope Tbirds have Cardwell, that would be awesome. But I still worry about their midcourt a bit.

al_ex
    Participant

I think a big issue for the T’Birds attack end was a lack of stability and too many changes. I think if they have a lineup like Cardwell/Dwan/Horjus/Williams/Petty/Wilson/Sterling a significant amount of game time to build combinations they’d be a in a good position to finally make finals.

Dropping Sinclair is an interesting one. I’m not sure if it’s really to do with her performances, I feel it’s more because Allen stepped up when Sinclair/Garbin were out and Sophie is on a two year contract. Garbin also a much better GS.

StatsNerd21
    Participant

@sami j A Smith-esque WD who can slide either way is what Fever should be looking for. Does Lambden play C? If so she would be ideal at Fever because they really do need a third option there. If not then any of those three would be deserving of the spot.

blondebomb
    Participant

Perhaps Fowler is retiring (yes please) and Cardwell is going to Fever, she has a connection with Dan…however I hope I am wrong and its Tbirds

StatsNerd21
    Participant

Fowler is still contracted for 2023

D-fencr
    Participant

Just realised I wrote Sinclair earlier when I meant Jovic, my mistake.

Will Sinclair end up elsewhere? I’m not sure there’s any spots for her. I can understand why they would sign Allen (I assume) as she is the future/present and stood up when required this year.

blondebomb
    Participant

@StatsNerd21 – does that me she cant retire?

StatsNerd21
    Participant

I think that would be breaking her contract, although if there were aggravating circumstances I suppose she could retire. Francis-Bayman only had a 1-year contract so she could leave.

netballgirl
    Participant

Maybe Sinclair could end up at Thunderbirds in replace of dawn?
    She’s more consistent and a better GA in my opinion.

Also I did some digging bf it looks like Lind is the daughter of the old kestrels coach, so I’m wondering if that’s the only reason she was given a contract because of her ties with the magpies coach?

NB12
    Participant

I don’t think that is the only reason Lind was given a contract. She has been on the radar and in the program for a little while.

Her selection makes sense, she is a very different style of player to that of Browne and Jovic. She just hasn’t lived up to the expectation.

TB
    Participant

Sinclair would be a good pickup for Fever if they don’t keep Coshy. Her experience at GA/WA would be handy.

netballgirl
    Participant

I was thinking cosh would be a pick up for tbirds or firebirds.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 268 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news