2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news2022-07-19T21:21:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think the Cardwell to Tbirds rumour is becoming true each day. Just as she announced her departure from Thunder, the Tbirds insta mentioned that they have a player announcement coming soon but at the same time acknowledged that they resigned 5 of their players from this season. Its all adding up 🤷🏾‍♂️

Tully
    Participant

I think Fever should recruit Maddie Hinchliffe. Lightning can only keep one of Miller and M Hinchliffe and given how defensive their lineup is (4 circle defenders) they should keep Miller as it provides the team better balance. So if Lightning do go that way then M Hinchliffe would fit perfectly.

As for Sinclair it’s unfortunate she didn’t get a contract as she was good this season. If they do promote Allan (which they should) then it makes sense although I actually thought they could keep Sinclair over Lind. Sinclair can play WA (backup) and that is all Lind does. Will be interesting to see if Lind is resigned. Expect Newton who is also off contract will be.

NB12
    Participant

I am a Fever fan, and I don’t think they deserve to have Lewis back, but it is a shame Ellis is on a multi year deal as Lewis would be a good fit back at Fever.

I wonder if Firebirds have looked at Lewis? Or what their options may be for 2023.

StatsNerd21
    Participant

Maddie Hinchliffe would definitely fit well at Fever. They may even elevate Zoe Cransberg- I know she’s inexperienced but she’s done a good job this year and can cover all three midcourt positions, which is needed there (Anstiss hasn’t played WA in years). Hulita Veve also deserves a call-up and fits the brief, but I can’t see her leaving Queensland.

muzz
    Participant

I wonder if Chelsea pitman might get a contract now

Ian Harkin

Maryann
    Participant

Gabi Simpson has re-signed with the Firebirds.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

D-fencr
    Participant

I said I’d reserve judgement on the Potgieter move until I saw her replacement. My judgement is that it is 100% the correct move.

Very keen to see if they also sign Dwan and Austin. I think there’s room for them both with Horjus in WA.
    If they also sign Williams and Nankivell that’s not a bad team.

StatsNerd21
    Participant

The fact she’s wearing the GA bib suggests they’ve signed a GS too, ie Austin. Can’t be too disappointed with another import if she’s this impressive! Looking forward to watching her for sure :yahoo:

muzz
    Participant

This is the best news ever. T-birds will actually be in the finals next season imo.

Tully
    Participant

Hmmm I hadn’t noticed the bib and assumed she would be GS. If GA with Austin in GS could Dwan be off to Collingwood?

Interesting….

Shooter Tamara
    Participant

Was the worst kept secret in SSN! They now will be a force

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 268 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news