2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news2022-07-19T21:21:43+10:00

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If Collingwood recruit Dwan and MiMi for Sinclair and Lind I think they’ll have done really well. Dwan should have always gone to Collingwood.

netballgirl
    Participant

I have a feeling Collingwood will promote Nyah Allan, if the thunderbirds don’t keep dawn I have a feeling she’ll be out of a contract.

enozlas
    Participant

Omg! Amazing!!
    Could my dream line up he coming true????
    Please Tbirds I need to restore my faith!

Waylay
    Participant

Magpies should sign Elle McDonald. I can’t see T’birds re-signing her (although they should). Elle is a Victorian athlete too

chloe
    Participant

Have the T’birds resigned Williams? They’d be mad not to IMO, and with this line up thats coming together, definitely look like championship contenders. Is there any news about whether they are keeping Obst on as head coach?

chloe
    Participant

I’m also hoping that Singleton gets signed somewhere, I thought she had a pretty good debut season and shows promise, especially given that she was originally going to be developed with Housby and Wallace backing her, as opposed to having to step up and be the ‘mature’ shooting option. Just not sure where she might head, possibly Magpies?

muzz
    Participant

Elle McDonald not offered a contract by Thunderbirds

Maryann
    Participant

Kim Jenner has not accepted a contract with the Firebirds

Tully
    Participant

Jenner has not accepted a Firebirds contract.

Wow!

I know RBD jumped ahead for the starting GD spot but where can Jenner go?

Collingwood have a spot open but Newton played well last season 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tully
    Participant

Good decision by the Thunderbirds. Need to lock down Williams and Nankivell who both FBs and Collingwood may look at.

Ian Harkin

Jenner & Lewis swap???

Maryann
    Participant

Apparently Jenner has decided to test the market. With most teams sorted isn’t it a bit late to do this?

StatsNerd21
    Participant

Everything I’m about to say is very unlikely and far-fetched, but I’m here for the speculation :yahoo:
    Something could be happening between Newton and Jenner, or even Lewis. Newton or Lewis would both benefit from an open starting GK spot at Firebirds- for all we know they could be going there together! Lewis and Jenner could be swapping, or Newton and Jenner could be swapping. Newton was a Vixens training partner for three years… maybe it’s circular? Newton back to Vixens (worse deal for her), Jenner to Magpies and Lewis to Firebirds? I honestly have no clue, someone needs to take this computer away from me :mail:

D-fencr
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking StatsNerd21. I love Lewis at the Vixens but if she had a starting GK spot on offer I wouldn’t begrudge her for going to Firebirds.

I could see Jenner slotting in at Magpies if they don’t keep Newton. I think Newton has done enough for another contract though and I wouldn’t pick Jenner over her – she’s way too penalised and I think Newton will only improve with more court time.

NB12
    Participant

Jenner could be handy for Fever too, but I can’t see her getting that much more court time. I think Lewis, Newton and Jenner are all very talented. Jenner needs a fresh start and Newton needs consistent court time.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2023 SSN THREAD – Announcements, signings and team news