State of the Game Review reforms announced

State of the Game Review reforms announced2021-05-12T21:50:16+10:00

Forums Australia State of the Game Review reforms announced

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

A Netball Australia statement has been released regarding reforms from the state of the game review. The NA Board will merge with the Super Netball Commission to create one new board, chaired by Marina Go. Details here…

https://netball.com.au/news/state-game-review-reforms-announced

mcleod
    Participant

Do they need that many directors. Seems far to many, are there big problems in Netball in Australia.

Jinxibo
    Participant

I’d luv to be a fly on the wall for their meetings with differing priorities. Technically the Super Netball Commission will want to ensure the future of their competition and NA Board will want to get some trophies back in the cabinet. B-) B-)

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

@jinxibo. I have the same concerns re their priorities. I’m not sure I like that they are being joined together, seems like a bit of a conflict. NA controls netball in Australia in so many different capacities, Super Netball representatives should get NO say in any of that.

GlennTwenty
    Participant

I don’t know the reason or the inviduals involved but it seems odd that 5 of 9 board members are male.

TB
    Participant

I did read somewhere (can’t remember where 🤦‍♂️) that if netball wanted to make it to the Olympics, they’d have to build up the men’s game.
    Maybe having more men on the board, they may be able to work harder in getting men’s game up to standard (in terms of air-time, publicity etc)?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Surely that’s not the reason for having that many men on the board… doesn’t seem logical at all, we still have improvements to make in the women’s game before diverting too much attention away. Not that the men’s game isn’t important, because it is, I just mean that we already have so many problems within our current pathways, organisations, etc. so it doesn’t make much sense to me.

amandalouise
    Participant

I agree with those who can’t see how the competing interests of the Diamonds programme and the SSN can mesh together. They seem actively opposed in so many ways (horrible super shot, rolling subs, time outs etc). Will be interesting to see what happens!

Ian Harkin
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia State of the Game Review reforms announced