SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2021

SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 20212020-10-20T10:08:28+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Ana
        Participant

I just read that Annika Lee Jones is leaving Lightning.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

Interesting, I wonder if that has anything to do with Sienna Allen returning after her injury.

Karla Pretorius has re-signed.

Tully
                  Participant

I just read that on insta.

Langman. What a legend. By far and away my favourite Silver Fern. Going to miss watching her play. Has done so so so much for netball.

Money on Cassidy being at Lightning now? And with Russell leaving they need two new midcourters … Pitman… Fraser…. Gardner….

englishrose21
                    Participant

???
                      I understand why the players don’t like to announce when they still have games left but would have loved to have seen her last game acknowledged ? I hope it’s Pitman and Cassidy at Lightning next year

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

WHAT! I was not ready for her to retire even though I knew it was coming. Such an incredible player and representative for netball, will miss not seeing her on the court. Knowing how humble she is, she probably didn’t want it announced at the awards night last night.

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

I think Lightning need a defensive midcourt player as Russel and Langman both covered WD. Would love Pitman and Cassidy but that might leave the WD bib a little light on, especially if McAuliffe gets game time at C.

Tully
                          Participant

They have McCaulliffe though. Depending on who their 3rd defender is they may be able to play WD as well.

This season the Lightning midcourt was way too defensive heavy. They only had Scherian to play WA. The backup was Wood but then you move her from GA. This gives them the opportunity to rebalance the midcourt away from being so defensive heavy which would give them far more versatility. If they have Cassidy she can play WD and did a lot when she was younger.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

That’s fair. I guess we wait to see who the 3rd defender is and if they’re a solid option at WD. Yes Lightning midcourt was too defence heavy this year but when you lose Langman and Russel, you want one defensive midcourter to come in to rebalance the team. If Cassidy can play WD, then great, her and Pitman would be awesome or maybe they’ll opt for a younger WA in Gardener since Scherian is also on the older side. I’m excited to see them mix it up, one of the only teams to have major change in the midcourt

Tully
                              Participant

They might only go for 3 middies and 4 defenders. They might promote Unie and have her focus on WD. They have a few different options.

Hulita Veve who has dominated QLD state league could be an option to. I really rate Veve and Unie – both could be good options imo.

They could look very different next year which is exciting as they most definitely needed to retool.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.
                                Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

I also really rate Veve and would love for her to be given a proper opportunity at this level after a few years of playing ANL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top