SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2021

SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 20212020-10-20T10:08:28+10:00

Forums Australia SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Ian Harkin

Maddy McAuliffe and Laura Scherian have re-signed with Lightning

Ian Harkin

greenasgxld
    Participant

Kate Shimmin?👀

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I think so, it looks like her

Ian Harkin
    Tully
    Participant

Great news. Improves their defence and depth no end.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This is AMAZING news! Great for her, she 100% deserves this and it’s also great for Lightning’s defence end depth, they might be more prepared to make changes in defence if they need too. (Love my Thunderbirds but secretly hope Shimmin has a cracker when she plays against them and Lightning win – yes that’s how annoyed I was with letting her talents go!)

Tully
    Participant

I wonder if Pretorious can play WD?

A Mweni – Shimmin – Pretorious backline is not one I think they would play regularly as you’d want Pretorious in the circle.but it could be a definite change up for them especially if they want to hunt ball. A bit like Vixens moved Weston to WD a few times to change it up, obviously she too is best in WD but kept the opposition on their toes.

I’m now a lot more excited by this Lightning team.

greenasgxld
    Participant

Pretorius can but she’s much more effective as a GD. I think they’ll be much more rotation in that defensive line especially when Maweni isn’t as effective. Now Lightning have much more depth in their defensive line than they’ve had the past couple of seasons.

Ian Harkin

Tully
    Participant

For sure KP is stronger at GD and there will be more in circle rotation. I just feel they shouldn’t rule out a change up of KP to WD when they really want to press outside the circle to win ball and shut down the feed. Who thought Weston would be effective at WD at times for Vixens? Not me and I’d think KP would naturally slide over easier.

greenasgxld
    Participant

I agree, I feel like she’ll be able to shut down Watson, Cosh etc (WA’s that Lightning have struggled to contain).

It would be great for her to be able to play WD especially if McAuliffe wants to develop her C game. A McAuliffe-Pretorius-Shimmin-Maweni defence would win a lot of ball for them. However, the attack needs to contain their turnovers.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING 2021