Sunshine Girls experience Racism on train.

Sunshine Girls experience Racism on train.2020-03-16T11:12:14+10:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m new here and have no idea how to post links but please check out Shamera Sterlings story. I know for a fact that racism does exist in Australia but I hope all foreign players are able to feel welcomed as well. #stopracism

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

I can’t seem to find this article, do you know what website has published it? If not you can paste the link using the third button from the left, when you are replying to a topic, it says ‘link’.

PICASSO123
        Participant

Oops sorry it was on her insta story. Anyways, Shamera, Kadie-ann and I think Jodi-ann were on a train conversing in Jamaican creole when a man turned to them and scolded them for speaking in their language. He also shouted and told them to ‘shut up’ and went on ‘ This is Australia and you SHOULD speak English’. They were all traumatized with this incident as if it was vice-versa, nothing would happen. Im also glad some people stood up for them as well.

David
          Participant

They should watch both The Final Quarter and The Australian Dream, and then they’d have a much better understanding of the casual racism that exists here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Go to Top