Tactix secure England midcourter Laura Malcolm for 2023

Tactix secure England midcourter Laura Malcolm for 20232022-06-22T09:08:57+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
      RMB
      Participant

Laura Malcolm worst kept secret! Petera was a little workhorse when she got court time and Sinclair will bring experience. I guess Samon Nathan back to Auckland? Wonder if she will go with Stars, Mystics or retire…

Nesian
        Participant

Is this a stronger or weaker mid court than last year?

I’m guessing Greer WD with Poi and Malcom to share C, WA positions?

RMB
          Participant

@nesian guess time will tell… i havent seen a lot of Malcolm play

Patera is usually a WA, Greer a WD & C? is Malcolm more a WD also?

museboy
            Participant

Greer Sinclair is a WD/GD. Yes I thought Malcolm was best at WD, although plays WA for the Roses.

Nesian
              Participant

@RMB I haven’t seen Malcom play at all but I looked at her stats this year and it looks like she played C for most of the season with the odd run at WA.

I think they got Malcom when they missed out on Gordon. I’m not sure why they didn’t sign Elley again, her partner is staying in Christchurch. I thought she was pretty solid and consistent. Nathan, a bit too up and down for me and threw away the ball a bit too often. I don’t know if Greer or Patera are as good as those two though?

RMB
                Participant

I thought Elley was quite consistent as well, only thing i can think of is she was maybe a bit quiet and didnt seem to fit in when they tried her at Centre. Nathan seemed to get alot of cautions a bit like Sam Winders

mcleod
                  Participant

Good mid court, was time for a change at WD. They have options and from what I saw of Parris she was not to bad, quite quick, I guess if it turns at bit pear shape at WD, Malcolm can go there.

Nate
                    Participant

Burger also said she might be playing more time at WD too, would that mean pushing Watson to GD and Lloyd at GK? Or a totally new defence playing instead? Guess well find out on Friday.

Shame about Elley i liked her at WD

TheBroadbean
                      Participant

Laura Malcolm is mainly a WD/C for Thunder but when she plays for England she is more a WD/WA.

It is a bit of a split with England fans as she seems to be the WA back up after Metcalf but I don’t think it is her best position – she is too hesitant on the feed into the circle but she seems to keep getting put there instead of EN actually bringing an actual WA through the ranks!

One of the best options for WA went to play for Scotland (probably got sick of waiting around and who could say no to Tamsin Greenway!)

What don’t they like about Hannah Joseph?

But anyway, I guess what they really want is a genuine C/WA.

moley02
                          Participant

I thought the tactic had a decent mid court this year, changing it this much is a bit over the top. I thought it was the coaching that was lacking. Julie Seymour not being part of the set up really exposed them. There was a definite lack of a plan B. I was hoping Kimiora would move on, she needs more versatility in her game. She’s not going to get it under this coach

PICASSO123
                            Participant

I have to agree Broadbend re Christian. She was the next best WA after Metcalf but couldn’t wait any longer for the England call up, hence why she went to play for Scotland. I think Parsons has had her time but just not quite there yet internationally. Joseph on the hand needs court time and Jess hasn’t given her much international experience. Scholes and Grierson are two amazing WAs that should be part of the England set up. Both have amazing potential if shown the right direction.

TheBroadbean
                              Participant

Yes I think Scholes will probably be the next WA for England (or she should be, just get her playing now in the set up).

She pushed her way into the Pulse starting 7 this season with her speed and sublime passing into the circle. Surely Tchine will be a GS for the future so having her and Scholes working on a partnership is only going to make them stronger.

RMB
                                Participant

@moley I don’t think the coaching is lacking MDH coached them to 2 semi finals & remembering they hadn’t won a game in years prior to her.
                                  Julie Seymour was pushed out several times, i didn’t rate her, just because you’re an ex SF doesn’t always mean you’ll be a good coach

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top