The Forgotten Firebird

The Forgotten Firebird2020-09-22T19:24:18+10:00
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

AllieC
          Participant

I hope that more Indigenous players come out and tell their stories if they are comfortable doing so. It should be a giant wake-up call to netball administrators at every level. Honestly, the stories make me want to cry. We MUST do better.

davo
            Participant

hey Ian – do you have a record of all of the old CBT teams? Could it be a project to update the Wikipedia pages for all of the CBT clubs, so there is a record of the players from 1997 onwards?

It looks like Swifts is the only team who have done it properly:

https://nswswifts.com.au/news/sydney-swifts-1997-2007

Yes, I’ve got something saved to my computer. I HOPE the 1997 teams are there, but I’m not sure. I know this doesn’t take away from Helena’s argument at all, but believe me, she wouldn’t be the only player from 1997 who can’t find a record of her having played. Record-keeping was very poor back then. It’s difficult to find anything about the opening season in 1997.

Tell you what davo. I’m going to start putting the info I have about the old Mobil League and CBT up on the forum now.

Just checked davo, sadly I don’t have a list of players from all the teams in 1997. I think I may have had it at one stage, but I’ve lost it.

davo
                  Participant

Thanks for checking Ian – do you have any CBT player info from after 1997? Do we contact the member organisations and ask for the info? Surely they have it?

They really should have a list of every player who’s played for them.

I haven’t heard anything: ‘Forgotten Firebird’ yet to receive apology from Netball Australia

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2020/09/24/i-havent-heard-anything-forgotten-firebird-yet-receive-apology-netball-australia1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Go to Top