The greatest that never was – non-international players of excellence

The greatest that never was – non-international players of excellence2020-07-26T12:43:04+10:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was watching Caitlin Nevins and thinking about her few caps for Australia. I wondered, who are the best players that never became stalwarts for their country?

Purely from an Aussie perspective, I am thinking of Susan Meaney, Ingrid Dick, Chanel Gomes, etc.

For players that have less than 10 caps for their country, or none at all, who do you think was an athlete that was still brilliant and just barely missed that chance at legend status? If you want, give the context for why they didn’t keep going to greatness.

al_ex
      Participant

Khao Watts was playing really well for a few years there but was stuck behind Green and Madi Browne when both were at or near their peak. It feels like depth in Australia has thinned out a bit in recent years so hard to think of many other players who were clearly up to the level required but didn’t get a shot.

Waylay
        Participant

Vanessa Ware – swifts WA CommBank days and early ANZ Champs days. Consistent across many seasons but never got a chance at international level.

Sarah Barrett played 1 test and was in the form of her career when she had a VERY serious hamstring injury and as it turned out she never played again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Go to Top