Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!2021-06-25T15:13:07+10:00

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Not sure if this is true or not, but I’ve heard that the 3 players who went to Byron Bay and caused this drama were probably the 3 most experienced players in the team… Moloney, Weston, Mannix.

Tully
    Participant

What?? :wacko:

I feel for the young players. Away from home for an extra two weeks and they don’t even get to play.

Can Vixens go home now? Or do they have to stay in QLD?

Yes, they are the three being named on Twitter. But no official word on anything from Vixens. But let’s ask where the three players whoever they are in breach of any covid protocols? Or just guilty of being stupid and failing to recognise how paranoid WA is regarding covid? They obviously didn’t pay any attention to the drama Giants went through recently.

Things are not healthy at Vixens. That’s obvious. I’m expecting a large clean out at year’s end and that it will involve senior players who aren’t performing.

mcleod
    Participant

Fr out, how stupid can they be. If this is true then Vixens should be booted for the rest of the comp. I thought this sort of thing was what over paid AFL and NRL players did, shame on them.

Tully
    Participant

This kind of reminds me of the TBirds Bali drama of a few years ago :whistle:

mcleod
    Participant

So my google search says Byron Bay is far north NSW, and the Vixens are based in Qld.
    Qld has shut it’s boarder to anyone from NSW. And so has WA and every other state and NZ.

Oh dear what a pickle.

Tully
    Participant

I think it’s harsh to boot out the whole team. From all reports the young players haven’t done anything wrong. Stanton was on Vixens live last night and the furthest south she went was Gold Coast and seemed to be with Samason and Eddy. If you follow the players on social media Barkmeyer, Mundy, Smith, Dehaney and MJ were all together regularly over the bye.

Vixens would have 8 players in QLD. Correct me if I’m wrong but the border with VIC just reopened? In which case elevate Gabby Coffey, Brooke Allan and Tayla Honey to the travelling group of 11.

The three who have stuffed up should be punished. But tough for the whole team.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Can I clarify?
    So the three most experienced players (and the leaders in that team) went to Byron Bay and were not going to be able to play the match, right? So then, they would have had a smaller team of young players for the match but then they weren’t given an exemption anyways so the match was cancelled. Did I get that right?

JR
    Participant

When did the players go to Byron Bay and when did QLD and WA shut their borders to people who’d been to NSW? Are the players stuck in NSW or did the return to QLD?

NB12
    Participant

Looks like Vixens actually refused to travel.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

Fever’s post is so badly worded. Need to wait until all the details are out before coming out with words like that (massive fever fan here too…)

I think the 3 senior players travelled to Byron (just below Gold Coast) before the borders were closed to other states… this isn’t deliberate although perhaps poorly timed and perhaps poorly thought out…

Tully
    Participant

It’s not clear. Fever are saying Vixens refused to travel. Vixens are saying they didn’t get exemptions to travel. Fever aren’t really in a position to be throwing shade at anyone given their salary cap breach and their government’s treatment of Giants.

The league was concerned about the WA border and had asked last week if Fever would go to QLD given other clubs have already done so. They said no to that.

When did borders even close? Yes a foolish move. But obviously they did it before border closures although QLD border isn’t closed to all of NSW given that there is an outbreak in Sydney but not the whole state. Perhaps Fever should make consideration of their government’s actions before just blaming Vixens?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

This is all very messy, I think in the coming days, the league needs to clarify exactly what happened. Not very good for the fans to be seeing posts like the Fever’s and starting to speculate. In other sports, there is no grey area with this stuff.

If Fever indeed are throwing shade then that’s just poor form based on what I’m hearing about the options and their decisions, plus they shouldn’t forget their six-figure salary cap breach…

mcleod
    Participant

So reading the anal West Aus Covid restrictions, it says anyone who has been in NSW in the last 14 days can’t enter WA, and since the Vixens played in Sydney 13 days ago, that means they can’t go to WA. Correct??

Geez it feels like Australia is made up of 7 different countries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!