Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!2021-06-25T15:13:07+10:00

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My understanding is that SSN had alternate fixtures in place for every SSN match this season in case of COVID issues.
      I wonder what the alternate for this one was?

Also, all those saying VIX players shouldn’t have “left the hub” they weren’t in a hub – just relocated.

Furthermore I wonder where they were going to get 3 umpires from to officiate in the west – I think the all 14 are either based in Melbourne (7 of them) or been in NSW in the last 12 days!! (1 SA umpire & the rest from NSW). I know the Vic umpires have been flying in & out of NSW/Qld/SA but presumably if WA won’t give exemptions to players from Vic/NSW they won’t give them to officials.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

I believe the alternate plan was to have the match in QLD, right?

schmeetle
        Participant

And the latest from QLD Health is anyone who was in Sydney from June 11 must go into self-quarantine for the next week.

So Fever going to Brisbane wouldn’t have helped the matter of playing the game in Brisbane this weekend.

Wonder what this means for the Magpies match today?

(Vixens, Magpies, Swifts and Giants played in Sydney on June 12th, Swifts and Giants left Sydney Wed night June 23)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by schmeetle.
          schmeetle
          Participant

@Netballmum I believe there is a difference between having alternate fixtures in place to having agreed outcomes if games can’t be played even under alternate fixtures. As per latest QLD Health restrictions, even if Fever travelled to Brisbane all Vixens players must be self-isolating for a further week (Though given QLD stance on exempting sports people they may not).

amyrmy
            Participant

I think whatever decision is made is going to set the standard ruling should this happen again in the future. There needs to be some flexibility and understanding given how quickly things are changing.

mcleod
              Participant

Agree schmeetle, hoe can todays game go ahead. What day did the Magpies arrive in Qld.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by mcleod.
                schmeetle
                Participant

@mcleod I’m not sure when Magpies arrived but they played in Sydney on the 12th.

I’ll admit I do not understand QLD Health instruction – so if you arrived in QLD on, say, the 12th and you’ve been going about your normal business in the community for the last 14 days, you now have to self-isolate??

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by schmeetle.
                  mcleod
                  Participant

I’m just glad I live in New Zealand. Jacinda tells all of the country what to do.
                    I find it odd, how all the states do what they want. Scott Morrison seems to have not much to do.

Tully
                    Participant

Does anyone ever understand QLD health?

Hmmm so all of Vixens, Magpies, Swifts and Giants would be in self isolation in QLD then? For how long?

What happens to people that have been in contact with people who were in NSW? Lightning and Vixens played a practice match against each other.

Surely there will have to be a pause to the competition. Going on like this is not feasible.

al_ex
                      Participant

The Queensland health advice makes no sense. People who would have gone from NSW to QLD on the 12th would already be non-contagious by now. You would think after a year and a half the different states would have mastered the science and improved their communication with each other. Clearly not. As mcleod said, it’s like living in 8 different countries.

Gaudion’s comments are ridiculous. I really hope we don’t see her on commentary for a Fever game again.

Ian Harkin

Morts
                          Participant

West Coast Fever now apologising for their statement yesterday. There’s not much to like about this club at the moment..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQkrmkEL46I/?utm_medium=copy_link

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

@mcleod, my understanding is that Federal government and Scott Morrison have no authority over each individual state in terms of making these COVID-related decisions.

Ian Harkin

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

Not a great apology but the fact they were forced to apologise shows just how outraged netball fans were/are because otherwise Fever would’ve brushed it under the rug. Still can’t get over the fact they had the audacity to make such a statement in the first place and also Stacey and Sue’s statements. I couldn’t dislike this club more and the fact that SM is Australian coach annoys me more

Also, Jo is saying that the whole team wasn’t given an exemption, not just the three players…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Go to Top