Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!2021-06-25T15:13:07+10:00

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just had another think about this apology, why the hell is is not addressed to the Vixens. They deserve the apology not just fans, the club implied that Vixens were uncompromising, uncommitted, and unsportsmanlike.

Okay I’m going to stop ranting now (hopefully)

Ian Harkin

Cb98
        Participant

Came here to find out what was going on after seeing Jo Weston’s IG post – absolutely disgusted by Fever.
          The vixens players may not have made the smartest decision, but they did not do anything wrong. It’s not their fault that the border closures are a mess.
          Fever could have handled this so much better by just saying that there were border closure related complications or something, but instead they made the decision at multiple levels of the organisation to be unnecessarily inflammatory.

JR
          Participant

Moloney says there back in Melbourne, but they’re playing Lightning in Round 9 on the Sunshine Coast next weekend.

enozlas
            Participant

Friendly reminder to all the people who are saying things along the lines of “they were in a hub why did they go out”
              No. they. were. not.

The hub was designed last year when ALL TEAMS were required to relocate to Queensland and and all matches were played there. Similar to the AFL it was expected that ALL TEAMS follow certain restrictions and “hub rules” to keep the season as risk free as possible as interstate travel was impossible nearly everywhere.

What the Vixens and Magpies had done for the competition the last month is NOTHING like last years hub and they should not be held accountable or responsible for going away on a weekend off when the health advice was clear it was allowed as well as permission being granted from the club/league.

All this has done is highlight the ridiculous amounts of power our state governments have when it comes to border closures and how difficult it will be for sporting leagues to navigate the requirement for frequent interstate travel. Until the state governments all agree on some sort of sporting exemption or some other way to move forward with less disruption to sporting fixtures this is the new norm.

Leave the Vixens girls alone and stop calling them the “BB3” like they’re in some sort of trouble or should be singled out because they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Fever should be disgusted with themselves for the way they’ve handled this publicly regardless of who is at fault and why.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by enozlas.
              Swifts1
              Participant

100% enozlas well said

schmeetle
                Participant

@enozlas why should the states implement a “sporting exemption” that is also not applicable to the general public??

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

@schmeetle I think it’s more about having some sort of general rules in place for sporting leagues rather than suggesting that they should be given exemptions. Because, the reality is that athletes have and will continue to be given exemptions, regardless of how it may be unfair that the general public isn’t afforded the same treatment. So if that’s the situation, then at least there should be some sort of guidelines that allow for a fair playing field between these different leagues (e.g. no preferential treatment to AFL over SSN). Just spitballing here, haven’t thought about this too much.

enozlas
                    Participant

Thanks for putting my thoughts in to words @Netballcrazy1
                      I couldn’t quite find the words during my earlier post but that’s exactly what I was trying to say.

JR
                      Participant

Looks like there would not have been a crowd at today’s game anyway given the latest Lockdown announcements in Perth.

Should Fever have gone to Brisbane early to play the game there?

mcleod
                        Participant

Yes just read that JR, gosh Fever might not be allowed to fly to Brisbane. Oh the drama of it all.

Swifts1
                          Participant

According to Fever fans on Facebook they should have known the hardline stance of the WA Premier and anticipated the restrictions.
                            I have been appalled at the comments blaming the vixens players and the total lack of empathy which was whipped up largely by inflammatory media statements by the Fever club.
                            I appreciate they have since apologised but this just shows when it comes to COVID – empathy, understanding and rolling with the punches are the best approach.
                            A couple of years ago the prospect of Fever winning the comp would have made me really happy but now the thought will just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

JR
                            Participant

I have to say I just feel like crying about this; anger is gone and now I am just sad. Thank goodness NNZ and others allow us to watch the ANZP …bring on 4pm here in Melbourne.

al_ex
                              Participant

Fever really is the new Collingwood.

Ian Harkin

For the thoughts of Lisa Alexander on the Fever/Vixens situation, check out today’s episode of Offsiders, from the 21:40min mark…

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/RS2008V024S00

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 153 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Go to Top