WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2021

WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 20212020-09-11T09:13:10+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Souness won’t bench sit. The midcourt will surely be Souness/Gordon/Kersten now that Burger has gone to the Tactix.

TB
      Participant

That’ll be a very quick midcourt too!

TACTIXSUPPORTER
        Participant

One player that springs to mind without a contract is Chiara Semple. Unsure if she is committed to returning to England next year? She could do well at ANZ level for a team

Jinxibo
          Participant

Actually :scratch: I’m not sure Souness will return to Pulse. Can they afford her? She won’t be Tier 1 there surely…

TS funny you should mention Semple, I’m waiting for London Pulse to start announcing their team.

Who was it that said Kara may return to Magic?? That could be true, GA ? :whistle: 😉

Waylay
            Participant

Yeah I really rate Semple. She has some work to do in regards to fitness. But her shot is the best in the Superleague and I’m sure she would still be deadly accurate at ANZP level, also got clever court smarts.

englishrose21
                Participant

Glad to see Grace Kara still in the league. I thought Georgie Edgecombe was a circle defender? But I guess that means she’s starting WD. Also I’m glad to see Asher Grapes has made the switch to the mid court, she didn’t have the nerve for GA but I think she’s a good play maker and feeder and she can learn from grace

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                  Participant

Strong attacking midcourt in Kara and Winders. Grapes was a good play maker, so happy to see her in the midcourt where she belongs.

TB
                    Participant

A pity ACD is not playing. I really liked the old Winders/ACD/Kara midcourt. I thought it had Ferns potential.

Happy to see Kara still playing, and back with Magic. She has played her best netball with that club.

They really need to recruit a strong GS.

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Hey Magic Fans :rose:

Do we want CBass in our team? Do we really ???

I’m divided, I want a good strong shooter so we can at least contest with the other teams. I can’t help but think she’ll only come if she can’t get another SSN team to take her. So technically she’s an Ozzie Reject (sorry). Personally I’d prefer someone that really :yes: :yes:, really, cut off an arm & leg wants to be there. Cbass doesn’t tick that box.

PICASSO123
                        Participant

Aussie reject or not but you can’t deny the fact that the Magic shooting circle is inexperienced and needs a veteran to lead by example. Williams would gain so much experience and confidence if Bassett were to sign with Magic. On the other hand this gives an opportunity for Bassett to play week in week out against different Silver Fern defenders and maybe grasp their different movements and tricks on her.

TB
                          Participant

I would hardly call CBass an Aussie reject ?‍♂️ She is still one of the best shooters in the world.
                            I think it’s more of a compliment to the ANZP, that she wants to play in NZ.

What I’m more worried about, is she’ll be playing against NZs top defenders week-in-week-out. That could make her very dangerous, for when she plays for Diamonds.

Thwaites did a few years in NZ, and got recalled to the Diamonds. This could be the move that CBass needs.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Yeah I wouldn’t call Bassett an Aussie reject either and if the reason she is moving, as articles have suggested, is because of the two-point shot, then she may well have offers from Australian clubs but prefer the ANZ league

TB
                              Participant

I think this may also highlight, Julie Fitz downfall as a coach. Be interested to see if Giants keep her on. IMO it maybe time for her to step down.

al_ex
                                Participant

Netball NSW will never fire JFitz again after how it backfired last time they did it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 131 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top