WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2021

WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 20212020-09-11T09:13:10+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It seems like it’s still backfiring on them, by keeping her.

With Julie Fitz lineup, they should be making finals. Having a Swifts/Giants GF should be a reality IMO. Briony Ackle has been in the role for a shorter time, and has made huge improvements to the Swifts.

al_ex
      Participant

Without Julie Fitzgerald, there is no lineup. Some of her decisions have become more questionable in recent years, but she still commands extraordinary loyalty from her players. If she is fired, I would expect that all the talent she brought in from out of state (and country) and retirement would leave. That’s Harten, Price, Brandley and Manu’a. It may seem extreme, but Green and Pettitt were the only Swifts who survived the Beehag era. Giants have a good base of NSW talent, but even if they kept CBass I don’t think they’d make finals without those players. Bassett/Austin/O’Brien/Hay/Parmenter/McDonell/Poolman is not going to make a grand final.

ahdz
        Participant

As a Magic fan, yes! I think our lineup has struggled the last few years and we need a senior shooter to assist with the development of the younger players. I also don’t think it’ll backfire in internationals either, though CBass would get used to Kiwi defenders Taurua is smart enough to be able to cope. I really hope she does go to the Magic, it’s traditional (albeit NZ style) netball where she’d be an absolute beast for us under the hoop. We’ve had a few Aussies come across but none of this caliber, with all due respect to them of course. Hopefully she can bring her pets across and they can have a happy life in the Waikato lol

mcleod
          Participant

If and big IF, CBass plays for the Magic, they will win games.
            But if Magic people don’t want her, and are happy to have 60% shooters, then fine prepare to lose most if not all games

Jinxibo
            Participant

Mcleod ouch that hurt. CBass or 60% shooting hmm :scratch: :scratch:

AHDZ, if only it were just about the pets…

I do want a strong shooter :yes: :yes:
              I guess in the back of my mind I’m still remembering the hullabaloo when DNT became coach of the ferns. All the comments about it not being right that she would know all of her strengths, weaknesses and training plans. Isn’t this just the same?

TB I understand what you’re saying about it being a compliment but I don’t believe joining ANZP would be her first choice. That’s why I’m not convinced she’ll sign with Magic 🙁

(Happy to be proved wrong!)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Jinxibo.
              Nesian
              Participant

Just heard from three different players, one of them at the Magic that Bassett is indeed coming.

museboy
                Participant

Wow. Not doubting your sources but I still can’t believe it!

Baller
                  Participant

I’m surprised! Wouldn’t she lose some sponsorship deals with the move.

If it is true, I fully welcome Bassett to NZ and ANZprem.

mcleod
                    Participant

Nesian is never wrong. So I assume as always it’s correct. Welcome to the best real Netball comp in the world CBass

Baller
                      Participant

Feels like Netball Australia have done a ‘Langman’. Loving the potential for the Magic.

al_ex
                        Participant

This is really good for ANZP. Bassett with New Zealand umpiring will be a force if she gets the right support from the players in front of her. Magic saved from being the easy-beats by this move in my opinion.

It will be so interesting to see how this affects her Diamonds chances. What with Constellation Cup being delayed, there are a lot of things for a lot of people to think about.

NZChampion
                          Participant

How good is that!!! Nau mai haere mai CBass!!! ? Magic turned into contenders just like that!

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                            Participant

If it is true, Magic will be title contenders! She is still one of the best GS players in the world. Traditional netball for the win.

I do think she will retire from international netball also.

ahdz
                              Participant

I’m as happy about this as I was about Taurua getting the Ferns job! I just think there’s no domestic players left that are able to do the job she can and am over the moon lol. If ALM is there as well I think her confidence will be through the roof. What a comp 2021 is going to be!!!

Waylay
                                Participant

I’m most looking forward to seeing the Bassett-Kara link.
                                  With Faka at the back Magic will be real contenders.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 131 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top