WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2021

WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 20212020-09-11T09:13:10+10:00

Forums New Zealand WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Article says NZ have been granted an exemption to have two overseas players as Semple played for England at WYC. Wouldn’t she still be classified as a Newzealander as she’s born there?

al_ex
    Participant

Bassett/Semple/Kara/Winders/Tong/Mikaere/Fakahokotau would be quite a team. I think Magic made the right decision with Semple and Williams over ALM and McPhee.

Hannah
    Participant

I see they got an exemption for two ‘import’/ ineglible player so that could be why they had a delay in naming the team. Didn’t realise Semple had represented England

sarahlove
    Participant

Magic has been my team for years and years. I don’t know if I will be supporting them next year.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

What a team. Could go all the way.
    Good practice for Fakahokatau during trainings

Ian Harkin
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Wow so Magic went for Thwaites as well, interesting. They really wanted a dominant GS and good on them for doing whatever they could to ensure they secured Bassett. I haven’t followed the ANZ closely this season but I’ll be interested to see how things pan out for Magic in 2021. Might see if I can catch some games from Aus

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

So Semple is an import? Even though she has a NZ passport?
    So if Woulf commits to Australia U21 , she will be an import also?

Jinxibo
    Participant

Sarahlove why would you stop support Magic next season?

I’m a magic fan too but only since the original ANZ. I don’t like Bassett (never have to be honest) but I can understand the need for a strong shoot. This season was bad. I wish we could have got Thwaites instead.

BUT i will carry on supporting them. :yes: :yes: :yes: you should too

Jinxibo
    Participant

Hmm so Semple is an ‘import’/ ineglible player interesting. Does this mean she still wants to play for the Roses??

if yes then :yahoo: :yahoo:

Her accuracy and court craft are already good, if he ups her fitness levels then Kadeem and SDL better watch out !

museboy
    Participant

She may also want to play for NZ after the stand-down period ends, which would be after the next WYC I imagine? Similar to Latu.

Waylay
    Participant

Asher Grapes has ruptured her ACL. Poor kid. Was looking forward to watching her in the Magic mid court this year.

I remember reading that Claire O’Brien was moving to NZ. Was it to the Magic? Would be a nice opening for her there.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

TB
    Participant

This is giving me hope, that she ends up putting on that dress again cause she’s the only backup they have (can only hope 🤷‍♂️😁)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand WAIKATO BAY OF PLENTY MAGIC 2021