2023 WORLD CUP DAY 9 (SEMI FINALS)

2023 WORLD CUP DAY 9 (SEMI FINALS)2023-08-05T17:05:41+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What an enthralling game. Can’t tell who is going to win and don’t know who I want to win.

Maryann
      Participant

So the Ferns let the 4th quarter get away yet again. You can have one of the best coaches in the world but if the players don’t have it then nothing the coach can do will get them over the line. Wilson, while accurate didn’t go to the post as much as she could have, Ekenasio gave too much ball away, and imo Heffernan hasn’t been nearly as good as she was in the last International.
        Good on England, they deserved the win.

Stoj
        Participant

England have done it! A few key players really stood up for England in that last quarter

ENGLAND ARE INTO THEIR FIRST EVER WORLD CUP FINAL!!!

From 40-40, England scored the last 6 goals of the game. The match was basically deadlocked until Fran Williams came up with a brilliant intercept to turn the game in England’s favour, then Imogen Allison sealed the deal not long after with another.

scotty
            Participant

Tears rolling down my face

mcleod
              Participant

Well even though I’m a Ferns for ever, TBH I’m not that un happy.
                Poor coaching, poor selections, and lack of changes.
                Time for Noels to move on.

Swifts1
                Participant

What a great game. Very happy for the Roses they proved they hadn’t played their final.

Jinxibo
                  Participant

OMG :whistle: :whistle:

I have to eat my words, I thought DNT had this.

That game was soo great it should have been the final.

Full time: England 46 v New Zealand 40

Cardwell 25/31 (81%)
                      Housby 21/23 (91%)

Wilson 25/25 (100%)
                      Ekenasio 15/16 (94%)

What a game! Fran Williams was awarded MVP. She was only on court for 20 minutes but came up with 2 intercepts, and one of them was SO crucial!

Jinxibo
                      Participant

MVP Fran Williams 🙂

The 2 interceptions were made by 2 of the lesser known players. SSN next season?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Jinxibo.
                        netballgirl
                        Participant

It’s like the girls couldn’t cope without Nweke, if Ferns were at full strength I could’ve seen them gk the whole way.

Looks like the 6week training camp didn’t live up to much.

Jinxibo
                          Participant

Both of these teams have high expectations and I fully believe they have both worked extremely hard and long in preparation for NWC.

The one difference for me is that ENG seem to be enjoying themselves

Q4 was the lowest scoring quarter of the entire NWC.

#defences rules :yahoo:

Stoj
                            Participant

I think those who may say that NZ failed are not taking into account that it took England until the 56th minute to take the lead. Sport is a matter of moments and sometimes those moments don’t go your way. Just ask the German Women’s Football team.

jump321
                              Participant

Couldn’t agree more about the comment of England enjoying themselves more. Noeline in my mind tried to be to tricky. The focus has been taken away from the team and it’s all about her.

Also don’t know what was going on with these so called new structures, NZs attack looked so bunched. Also it looks like the NZ players are so worried about sticking to the structures and they can’t express there natural game.

I also cannot understand how TPSR has not got on in these last 3 games. Wilson’s shot has been good but her unavailability really stalled our attacking end.

Time for Noles to go.

mcleod
                                Participant

Will tomorrow be the last time some of the Ferns play, or will the likes of Ekenasio, Watson keep playing in the black dress.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top