2023 WORLD CUP DAY 9 (SEMI FINALS)

2023 WORLD CUP DAY 9 (SEMI FINALS)2023-08-05T17:05:41+10:00
Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agree Tully.

Also, with respect to reserves, as you can’t bring in a reserve mid match it is still a risk. It only helps before the next game, too bad if an injury happens in a critical match.

TB
      Participant

I don’t think it would have been wise for NZ to take 3 shooters. It worked for England, cause Metcalf was able to play GA and fairly well too. NZ could have done the same if they had a player like GRass or Anna Thompson.

DNT and the selectors need to take accountability here. There’s a player back home who has never really been in the SF mix, but so should be, Aliyah Dunn. I mentioned this some time ago, that if Nweke ever went down with injury, I’d feel safe if Dunn was our starting GS. We need players in the mix that know how to win.

Let’s not even get me started on the non-selection of Peta Toeava! I agree with a previous comment, Bailey Mes would have made a huge difference for NZ.

silverferns1
        Participant

Whitney could’ve played a bit of GA. I can’t remember where I heard it from but I know Yvette McCausland-Durie supported a potential 3 shooter mix. Aaliyah Dunn I think was exposed to an extent this season with the Tactix so wouldn’t of been any better. I would feel extremely safe with George Fisher being the 2nd shooter for the ferns!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by silverferns1.
          TB
          Participant

Aliyah Dunn’s season with the Tactix was not that great, but you can’t put that fully down to her. There was a whole range of things to that.
            She has won Premierships partnering with both Eke/Tiana, and playing with Souness and Gordon. She is a key feature in those wins, as is Nweke for Mystics.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Go to Top