2024 ANZP ROUND 8

2024 ANZP ROUND 82024-05-31T15:14:55+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It was pretty expected in my opinion, Pulse was always going to bounce back strong after a disappointing performance, especially with Kersten back in the side.

Kwkiwi
      Participant

Excellent game by the Pulse in all areas of the court. Salmon looked good again. They said she’s come up through the Brisbane system. Just shows how strong their programmes are over there. To be honest I prefer her to Walmsley. Salmon is much more mobile and athletic and quite accurate on the shot. Would be bizarre if Walmsley ended up coming off the bench for Salmon.

Baller
        Participant

Salmon was good last night. I want to see how good after going through the ‘Tactix test’ aka SF standard defence.

AAT was very complimentary towards her injured players.

mcleod
          Participant

Martina Salmon(Reekers) was at the Magic in 2021, it didn’t work out very well at all. I remember reading something about her time spent there, wasn’t happy.

Anyway another player brought up all the way thru the Australia system, Martina was born in NZ, moved to Brisbane when about 2 years old.

Kwkiwi
            Participant

Probably player happiness is a function of how much court time you are getting. It’s definitely no fun bench warming like Mvula did that season. Good to see the pulse coach giving some bench players a run in a basketball type rotation. Margin would probably have been even bigger if she hadn’t. Thought the game would have been closer – the Steel have the Heffernan sisters who are both Silver Ferns.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Kwkiwi.
              mcleod
              Participant

Heffernan twins were off their game, Pulse could have won by 30

Baller
                Participant

Not often MSB benched. Who knows the exact reason.

Kerryn
                  Participant

Te Ao came off for the Marvels pretty much immediately after the NNL game started, so maybe MSB did some to herself and isn’t able to play? (or is sick like Harten was yesterday)

Maryann
                    Participant

MSB apparently sick – or has been during the week.

mcleod
                      Participant

Held ball, replayed ball, thru a 3rd, so much is missed by the umpires.
                        But Tactix playing ok, Mystics just very lost at the moment.

Baller
                        Participant

I think it is hard to critique a team with 2 or 3 starter players out. Defensively there was ball.

The Tactix were solid and were better at capitalizing on their gains. Defense outstanding.

Dunn, Nweke and Metuarau surely all close to playing? Round 9 or 10?

mcleod
                          Participant

Karaka was almost in tears in her after match talk, she said they not enjoying Netball at the moment.
                            Great to see Jane Watson almost back to her best.

Maryann
                            Participant

@Baller – Nweke has started running again. Metuarau resumed team training last week. Dunn who knows but if I was coach I would be keeping her on the bench because Tactix are flying. I’d love more than anything to see them take the trophy this year. They’ve been through such torrid times.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Maryann.
                              mcleod
                              Participant

Most of us, including me have seen Ellie Bird at her worst and wanted her to move on, but dam she is playing some fine Netball.

Maryann
                                Participant

She sure is! Great to see Watson playing like she is. Maybe a different training schedule is doing her the world of good.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top