2024 ANZP ELIMINATION FINAL

2024 ANZP ELIMINATION FINAL2024-07-27T00:16:50+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Mystics up by 3 with 3 minutes left.

silverferns1
      Participant

I have a feeling we just witnessed the ANZP Grand Final…

Mystics are into the grand final!

Tactix led by 3 half way through the last quarter, but then a couple of lapses let Mystics back in and they took full advantage. Grace Nweke finished with 60 goals, Ellie Bird 55!

Full time: Mystics 68-64

WeWood
          Participant

Jess Allan was a good change up for a time but the youngster gave up a couple of errors at critical moments. The urgency from TPSR in those final few stages when she replaced Allan is the energy you wish she played with week in, week out!

Great game regardless. And Katie Te Ao was a head scratcher changer for me but proved her worth.

Think Pulse can take the win over the Mystics using the Tactix’s blueprint from today.

silverferns1
            Participant

Mystics have had two quality, hard games to prep them for the GF. Pulse hasn’t.

mcleod
              Participant

Sniff, sniff. But well played to both teams, Ellie Bird has had a amazing year.

Maryann
                  Participant

Tactix (and McLeod) will be gutted. I thought Tactix would take the game by 1 or 2.

I’ll watch tomorrow. Thanks for the updates.

Maryann
                    Participant

Tactix (and McLeod) will be gutted. I thought Tactix would take the game by 1 or 2.

I’ll watch tomorrow. Thanks for the updates.

Nesian
                      Participant

Great game, I thought it could have been another blow out. 11 Turnovers between TP and Pedersen, very expensive in the end. Great game by Bird. Surely someone will pick her up. Bird and Maia have been the two outstanding GS’s this season and there is probably a high possibility neither will be in the black dress. Allen too did well when she came on. Fantastic season Tactix.

Kwkiwi
                        Participant

Exciting game. A shame someone had to win. Mystics looked a bit shakey here and there.
                          Anyone who’s doubting Toeava can play out a game had better watch this game, and eat their words. She coped well and the long bombs into Grace were spectacular.

Watson gets away with a lot of contact with no warning to watch her timing. Looked dangerous to me at times. Tunnelled under Grace a couple of times taking out her landing space.

Bizarre how a player of the day can be from the losing side. Could only happen in netball! I would have had Karaka as mvp. She got so many gains at crucial times.

Thought Rob Wright’s analysis was excellent. What a waste him being an assistant coach. Maybe he could go to the Steel next season?

Actually think next weeks game could go either way after watching the Mystics today. They were lucky to take out the win.

silverferns1
                          Participant

Hmmmm I would’ve liked to have seen Peta taken more control down that attacking end. She faded in and out of the game. Mystics C often had to pass it back to the defenders off of the Centre passes. She slowed the game down in patches, they are more effective when they are at full speed. Still not seen 100% performances from Peta and Grace this season compared to previous seasons. But still both deserve starting spots in SF’s.

mcleod
                              Participant

Grace missed 20 shots yesterday, including one complete air ball. But most of the time they fell straight back in her hands, perhaps a rule change is needed. To me it’s replayed ball.

mcleod
                                Participant

Sorry 10 that should be

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top