2025 ANZ PREMIERSHIP

2025 ANZ PREMIERSHIP2024-08-05T11:37:47+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Jinxibo – who are you hoping for?

Strong Pulse squad.

Jinxibo
      Participant

There’s Amy Carter, Mckevitt, Rattu, there’s also Issey Phillips at London Pulse. She’s only 17 but managed to get the starting C bib over Jade Clarke (have to admit she injured for most of the season)

Jinxibo
        Participant

Silver Ferns trialists, who hasn’t been signed yet???

Karin Burger
          Kate Burley
          Tayla Earle
          Georgie Edgecumbe
          Ameliaranne Ekenasio
          Maddy Gordon
          Catherine Hall
          Georgia Heffernan
          Kate Heffernan

Kelly Jackson
          Phoenix Karaka
          Paris Lokotui

Parris Mason
          Tiana Metuarau
          Erena Mikaere
          Grace Nweke
          Claire O’Brien
          Kimiora Poi
          Mila Reuelu-Buchanan* (unavailable due to injury)
          Martina Salmon
          Michaela Sokolich-Beatson
          Whitney Souness
          Carys Stythe
          Georgia Takarangi
          Elisapeta Toeava
          Saviour Tui
          Amelia Walmsley

Maia Wilson

I know someone mentioned Jackson & Mason staying at Pulse, is it official yet? It’s not on the ANZP website

Kerryn
          Participant

@jinxibo I got it off Pulse’s instagram, was posted about 30 minutes before I put it on here

Maryann
            Participant

Only Maia not named but she’ll be there.

museboy
              Participant

Fifita will do well under Wai’s coaching.

Teams so far:
                Pulse: were always going to lose Salmon yet their bench is incredibly strong again
                Steel: Much improved overall except for the defense end – all depends on Stythe dominating at GK
                Magic: Addressed their greatest weakness (their bench). If Taylor can provide genuine impact off the bench, they may sneak into finals
                Mystics: Wallam was probably the best player they could get to replace Nweke. A fearsome and versatile defense end. All comes down to Wallam and whether Toeava can link with her
                Tactix: Underwhelmed with their defense end as I think Lloyd was a better GK impact player while Lokotui is best at WD. Solid attack so will come down to whether they can plug their midcourt gaps
                Stars: I would have picked Holly over Lisa Mather. Seems to be much of a muchness from last year

TB
                Participant

Agree @museboy re Tactix defence. They are just too short. As good as Watson is, there are times when you need height at the back.

A good strong midcourt for Tactix could be Winders, ACD and Pederson. Or though I also think having a Petera could fit in there too.

TB
                  Participant

Mystics: really looking forward to seeing a Karaka/Fowler circle. I’ve always wanted to see a Karaka/Johnson circle, which never happened (or that I saw). But this could be the next best thing. Really rate Fowler at GD. It’ll allow Karaka to sit back and work on her keeper game. Which will be beneficial for her at Ferns level.

museboy
                    Participant

Karaka/Johnson was meant to be our WYC in-circle defence but Johnson got injured. 🙁 Still managed to win though!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by museboy.
                      TB
                      Participant

Oh that’s right! Completely forgot about that.
                        I always got annoyed when they’d play Johnson at WD, instead of GD. I thought she was one of the best in the business. I would have had her there ahead of Kopua, Debruin, Grant or even Karaka. Even though they did a good job there, we never got to see her full potential in GD at international level.
                        I’m pretty sure Wai said she’s too short for GD 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But I’m glad DNT ran her there, I think during a Quad series? Jury, Johnson and Burger was a good defence trio.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by TB.
                        • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by TB.
                        Nesian
                        Participant

The last I heard over a week ago is that it was neither Winders, Saunders or anybody of note. Just a solid mid courter and perhaps a training partner of one of the SSN teams for defense.

Kerryn
                          Participant

Stars have just farewelled Holly Mather, and Munro-Nonoa

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 348 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top