2025 ANZ PREMIERSHIP

2025 ANZ PREMIERSHIP2024-08-05T11:37:47+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Actually I wonder if Wilson will get signed and Malesala will be used as a replacement for MRB.

Kerryn
      Participant

Malesala farewelled, Wilson signed

Maryann
          Participant

Giants have farewelled Training Partner, Charli Fidler who is moving to Tactix

museboy
            Participant

Paris Patera signs with Tactix as well.

Tactix midcourt is a puzzle, with Petera, Pedersen, Lokotui and Mather. The C position is really up for grabs. Winders would have been the perfect fit as the players they have are untested. Don’t know much about Fidler except she is 187cm, so brings some height.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by museboy.
              WeWood
              Participant

So no home for either Malesala – who appears to be pursuing her law career perhaps, and Winders in 2025?

Kerryn
                Participant

those contracted in 2024 without a contract in 2025:
                  Thompson, Malesala, Munro-Nonoa, Rowland, Iongi, Lloyd, Allen, Saunders (injured), Christie (injured) Namana, Strydom.

and as mentioned above – Winders

museboy
                  Participant

Perhaps add Temu to that list.

Munro-Nanoa not getting a contract is the most disappointing. She would have been a great addition to the Steel.

thunder123
                    Participant

Hmm wonder if this is the end for Shannon Saunders.
                      Perhaps Sam Winders too

Nesian
                        Participant

Malesala would have to be the biggest question mark. From a SF last year to no ANZ contract next year. The Stars also never posted a farewell message to her, but they did for everyone else who wasn’t re-signed. Something doesn’t add up.

I would say Allen and Malesala are two players who I thought would have been snapped up.

Winders isn’t really a surprise, she turned down a offer from the Steel last season. Didn’t perform good enough to be re-signed in the SSN and has finished in the bottom team for the last 3-4 years now. Saunders is 33. Life has moved on for her, so I’m not surprised to see her not playing either.

Kerryn
                          Participant

@Nesian Stars did put one up before they posted the Maia one, and took it back down after not very long – the first few comments on IG were all negative so not sure if that was why

Nesian
                            Participant

@Kerryn oh really, I didn’t see that. It still seems a little strange because wouldn’t they just delete the comments instead of the whole post? I’m even more intrigued now.

Kerryn
                              Participant

@Nesian I wish I had taken a screen shot of it now (which I had done a few times to send announcements through to my mother) when I first saw them, I said on here about them both, but by the time Ian posted the link about Maia it was gone

RMB
                                Participant

with the Stars signing Charlie Bell is that meaning Wilson will be out at GA?
                                  Saunders is working on her injuries apparently and getting to her age i doubt we will see her again? but stranger things have happened.
                                  the tactix mid court is a bit of a mixed bag… i think it would help if Watson moved out to GD and Burger to WD to get the ball through the court easier but hey im no coach lol

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 348 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top