Reply To: 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP NZ v AUS TEST 2 (Auckland)

Reply To: 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP NZ v AUS TEST 2 (Auckland)2019-10-17T13:38:16+10:00
nanator
Participant

Ferns really need to learn how to play around Bruce and exploit her weaknesses. Must say, Bruce and Weston are a one of the most niggly and tight markings around in world netball. The Silver Ferns are playing a more slower game which I wonder if is playing into the hands of these two. It would be good if they had a strong holding GS to change up the attacking circle. Hope Wilson gets a run, but in the past she’s been bulldozed by Bruce too.
    Sounness was great in her stint at WA, and really provided something different. Burger also was a standout given her inexperience. But her and Watson are a combination to watch for.
    I’m anticipating the return of Miss F and hopefully seeing Watson pushed to GD. That’s going to be a delightful international combo to look out for.

Very surprising to see all those changes for Australia, particularly in the attacking third. Lisa A went into the series saying she was only going to play the best 7 and wouldn’t just rotate players to give everyone a go and here we go. I reckon this is going to be very handy for the diamonds going into the future. Having the ability to mix things up and still be able to win a game is excellent. Tippet is a monstrosity. Have always been a fan and as a Kiwi support I’m a tad bit scare of her athletic prowess. I think she is one of the most strongest, toughest and athletic netball players to grace the courts. Burger has strength but lacks height. Karaka has potential but would like her to muscle up a bit more to match Tippett.

Oh boy, Sunday is going to be exciting. I would still start Maria, Eke, Crampton (or Sounness) if all available

Go to Top