Reply To: 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

Reply To: 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)2019-12-01T23:59:20+10:00
NettySuperFan
Participant

My thoughts on the series:
    Start off by saying, I really really enjoyed watching this series. I thought that both England and South Africa played really well, and showed great skill, and ability to play at a high level with the absence of their big name players.
    Potgeiter – Wow, what a amazing 3 games from her. I never thought that she would be able to play GA well, but she really proved that wrong in the 2 last matches. Really excited to see her play for Thunderbirds next year. She’s been one of my favourites for a while, even though she doesn’t get a whole lot of love on here.
    Maweni and van der Merwe really stood up for their team, and played an AMAZING game in the 3rd test. Shadine vdM was a very deserving MVP of the series.
    I really enjoyed watching Vimbela in GD, and was surprised that she wasn’t used in the first two test as I thought that Shadine/Vimbela/Maweni would be their strongest combo.
    Burger continues to kill it, and is really making it hard for the coach to not include her in the squad. (but with Potgeiter being able to play GA quite well, their might be room for all three now).
    Rademan provided a really good impact both times she came onto court, and whilst she wasn’t perfect, she is still really young, and will learn heaps from this test series, and has a heap of potential!
    Msomi and Stoltz were a bit of a let down for me, I was hoping Stoltz in particular would grab the starting GA bib with two hands. I could see Msomi becoming more of an impact player than a starter to inject a bit of speed when needed.
    Chawane will be a star of the future, its a shame she didn’t get more court time.
    Rome and Griesel are both really great players, that bring a lot of stability, but hungry to the midcourt.
    Overall I think South Africa’s future is looking pretty good, and they seem to have some genuine options off the bench!

Go to Top