2024 ANZP ROUND 10

2024 ANZP ROUND 102024-06-14T15:18:27+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I quite like the rotation of shooters, because it will equip all the shooters to become ready if they are needed due to injury, so if Pulse lose a GA they won’t become like the Mystics and rely on one player.

TB
      Participant

I would take Nweke Eke Salmon and Tui. Salmon runs GA quite well. I’d still have TPSR in the mix if she’s available.

mcleod
        Participant

Wonder why Salmon (Rekkers) was not good enough to get a gig in the SSN. I know she was a training partner for the Lightning last year. She went thru the age group system in Queensland. Surely a better option at Giants than Harten.

TB
          Participant

I think it just comes down to opportunity. And she’s been given one here at Pulse due to injury. Fair to say she has grabbed with two hands, and is doing awesome!
            I wouldn’t be surprised to see Walmsley look elsewhere next year, if Salmon continues to dominate.

museboy
            Participant

The Pulse had the chance to win the game but played around with the ball too much with a minute to go.

Ioane was playing such an amazing shut down game all match – was brilliant to watch. Unfortunately, Souness had a shocking ET, and the work-rate of her and Jackson just ebbed in the extra stanza.

Bird grew into the game however in fairness Jackson matches up very well on her. The Tactix seemed to flow better when TPSR left court, while the Pulse were worse when Metuarau came on (no shots in a half of netball for a former SF is shocking to me).

Kerryn
              Participant

I agree with nearly all of that museboy, the coach was screaming to Tiana to get in the circle at the penalty with 50 odd seconds to go and she completely ignored it, they had more than enough time to go to post, and then put the pressure on Tactix to have to score just to draw – the defence were just as likely to get cause a turnover, or if they had scored fast (As they do) Pulse still would’ve had another center pass. The Pulse have changed their style of play this year (for the better in my opinion) and Tiana is still very much playing the destructive game of old, and it showed when she had almost same amount of penalties in her 27 minutes as Salmon, Pelasio, Maro, Souness, and Kersten combined

Netballfan1
                Participant

I imagine it is hard for injured players coming back but I did wonder why Metuarau wasn’t subbed when Pollasio was doing such a good job and fitting better with the pulses game plan. I know it’s earlier days of her return to playing but I haven’t been impressed these last two games with metuarau. She’s got a lot of work to do

mcleod
                  Participant

Putting Burger to WD was a game changer, she grabbed to intercepts in OT, and totally shut Souness down.
                    Metuarau did nothing except blatant contacts, wonder if we will see at bit more of Jane at GD.
                    Interesting that everyone stopped, except Bird and one other Tactix player with what seemed about 4 seconds left, wonder if the goal would have counted had Bird got it in regulation time, the new rule would have made it very close.

Wow, Steel’s shooting % in this game!

1/2 time:
                      Steel 22/33 (67%)
                      Magic 20/23 (87%)

blondebomb
                      Participant

Dare I ask it, how do you think the current Steel team would go against the last team in SSN, the Firebirds?

netballover
                        Participant

It is a pleasure to listen to Sulu in commentary. Her insights are intelligent and she delivers them eloquently. Which is not always the case with ex NZ players who become commentators.

Magic has taken control in the second half to run out 48-41 winners over Steel. Erena Mikaere & Georgia Takarangi combined for 16 possession gains as shooting accuracy proved to be a problem for Steel during the game.

Magic 48/53 (91%)
                            Steel 41/61 (67%)

Kwkiwi
                            Participant

Steel could have won that game if they had better shooters. Their defence got so much ball that their shooters didn’t convert.

@ blondebomb – I think the steel would get thrashed by the last placed SSN team, not that I have watched the ssn this season. I did buy the netball pass but then by the time I’ve watched the nz netball and all the nz nbl basketball games I’ve got no time left…

mcleod
                              Participant

We all know the Steel have struggled for a year or 2 now. And would lose every game in the SSN, but remember they were pretty good in the final year of the old ANZ. I’m sure when/if NZ team are back with the SSN teams whenever that will happen, will know doubt see 2 maybe 3 NZ teams, certainly won’t be 6.

museboy
                                Participant

I admire Namana’s determination to become an ANZP regular however teams cannot consistently win games with her at GS as she much harder to feed than the tall timbers. Very frustrating her missing several sitters. She could try GA, but I don’t think she is suited for that and there are better GA options.

Lawson and Strydom were very physical but seemed to be more effective than Fifita has been all season.

If the Steel get a target GS (if Fisher not available then Salmon), recruit a tall defender (Hall), then they have the makings of a finals contender.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top