2024 CONSTELLATION CUP – AUS v NZ (October)

2024 CONSTELLATION CUP – AUS v NZ (October)2024-09-26T11:15:06+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Claire O’Brien on for Gordon to finish the game. Poi moves to centre.

This is a dominant performance from NZ.

Full time: NZ 64-50

What an awesome performance from NZ!!! Totally in control. From the 2nd quarter onwards, they just didn’t give the Australians a chance.

Stoj
        Participant

NZ played great and Aus played below average. Jackson, Burger, Heffernan and Gordon were amazing and worked so well together as a unit. The only positive for Aus was the way in which Dwyer came on.

I hope Aus can pull themselves together…

WeWood
          Participant

Ekenasio in comments talking about the Ferns going to “really hard places” and “through some deep stuff” (or words to that effect) in recent days. A bit of soul searching it seems to be paying dividends.

mcleod
            Participant

Well done Poi, I said she isn’t a good enough WA, but she outplayed JLP. Fab display from the Ferns, Keria Austin does really struggle against Kelly J.

silverferns1
              Participant

I haven’t seen that passion from Noeline since the 2019 WC Final! So good to see! I wish she were as animated as that every game like those basketball coaches

WeWood
                Participant

McLeod that effort from Poi was her best at WA ever IMO. A good foil to Gordon and Ekenasio and her movements were with real purpose. Obviously went away post TJ Series and worked on a few things. Good on her.

TB
                  Participant

Wow 😮 I should run down the Ferns before each game, more often 😂
                    Only managed to catch the first quarter. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this game.

@Wewood
                    I’m right there with ya! Eating humble pie has never tasted soo good 😂

WeWood
                    Participant

Gordon a well deserved MVP.

Flb
                      Participant

I am surprised at the blow out. Particularly when Australia was 5/6 down in the fourth quarter. I thought NZ would be dangerous after losing TJ and with Australia’s record in NZ, but I am shocked by the margin.

Congratulations NZ.

Swifts1
                        Participant

Well done to the Silverferns outplayed Australia across the court. Australia just could not win any ball in defence but Bruce will only get better the more minutes she plays. I agree that Austin looked tired but I think that was just down to some great NZ defence. I like what Dwyer brought when she was on but it feels like Koenen has really dropped off in form.

No surprise at all to see Gordon as POTM. NZ didn’t have a poor player today, but she was definitely the pick. 26 assists, 1 gain, 2 deflections, 2 pickups and ZERO turnovers!

NB12
                            Participant

Not surprised NZ won that so convincingly.

Australia looked so flat, almost like they expected things to go their way. I don’t think they were complacent, but just not hungry enough.

I’m assuming Weston was on managed minutes which is why she didn’t start? And SM would have wanted Bruce to play out the game.

Thought taking Garbin off was the wrong choice when it was Austin that was struggling. Glad to see Dwyer come on and do a good job, although gave away a couple of soft turnovers like breaking. Koenen wasn’t too bad, but she just hasn’t had enough court time recently.

NZ just weren’t making any errors, and even when the pass wasn’t quite right, Nweke was quite athletic to save them on the baseline.

Going to be an interesting series!

mcleod
                              Participant

Ferns seemed to lift even more after that dreadful call on Nweke. Anyway bring on Wednesday

WeWood
                                Participant

I know it’s easy when you’re winning but the Ferns turned up looking united and full of energy today (and that’s just the bench).

Taurus was getting into it. Great to see the passion.

Lastly, when was the last time the Ferns only coughed up 10 turnovers in a game?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top