2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS

2024 SSN SIGNING AND TEAM NEWS2024-01-16T23:08:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,012 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I spotted Nyah Allen in a Tbirds Instagram story – assuming she will end up as a TP.

Tully
      Participant

Code reported a little while back that Pitman was to be a TRP for Hay (hip). Linda Pearce has been spot on with everything so far so I’ll back that in.

Have spied Nyah Allen, Sophie Casey and Tyler Orr in TBirds training on IG. So would seem they are TPs.

Jemma Donoghue at Swifts now after coming back from UK.

Vixens TPs are Andrew, Barkmeyer, Coffey, Caris and Lilly Graham. Think Andrew is their 11th / main TP or whatever we are calling it.

netballgirl
        Participant

Would love to see Allen as the 11th player.

schmeetle
          Participant

Oh Chelsea is definitely at Giants; just wondering if as TP or injury RP.

Tully
              Participant

Ali Miller to firebirds is interesting. Surely she must be their 11th player otherwise huge move as a young mum away from family and support networks.

Depending on her age she would be eligible for the role.

Sasha Flegler is the cousin of Tom Flegler.

StatsNerd21
                Participant

Miller is 26 but certainly the most experienced player of that quartet. I can’t see her NOT being the 11th player after that move, like you said.

Spotted Ruth Aryang on Fever’s Insta, glad to see she’s rehabbed that ACL!

Firebirds have a post that mentions that Lightning is still ‘stealing’ their TPs- maybe Olivia Dijkstra is on the move to SCL? Wouldn’t make much sense though as Charlie Bell is still in almost every Lightning Insta post, I’d assume she’s their 11th.

Tully
                  Participant

Ah so if she is 26 then Miller should just sneak in!

Code reported the criteria for the 11th spot as being Australian, 26 or under and 5 games of SSN or less.

That FBs post was wierd! But I think j they were referring to last year when Ervin and Bell got spots at SCL. But look if you don’t give them a chance then someone else will, can’t hold that against anyone! Same with Leesa Mi Mi.

SCL TPs look to include Bell, Annie Miller, Jada Delaney and Maddie Hinchliffe from their IG. Has to be the most experienced group of TPs? But would make only Delaney eligible for the 11th spot?

al_ex
                      Participant

If ATN rebuilds her shot I can see her playing GA again. She never had accuracy problems at Vixens and so much of her issue was confidence and technique. She must have gotten some confidence back after these years at WA so if she can improve the technique I can see her as a good impact player there. She plays the playmaking GA roll very well and she would be playing with Fowler so she doesn’t exactly need to shoot high volume. She’ll need either GA or C if she wants to play for the Diamonds.

Firebirds are such a messy team. I don’t know who exactly who the problem is, but they need an overhaul.

TB
                        Participant

I agree! I always thought that ATN was going to be the next big thing at GA, when she was playing at Vixens.
                          And then I thought she’d regain confidence when she came to Fever, shooting with JFR. But that didn’t eventuate.

Did something happen to her when she was Magpies?

I hope she can regain some form at GA. If she can, with Kelsey Browne at WA, they could be a very lethal combination.

netballgirl
                          Participant

It will be interesting to see if ATN gets back into shooting this year and how it will effect her diamonds selection she’d be competing with Georgie for the wa/ga position.

I’d back Georgie in, she’s been consistent at both positions and did really well at fast5

netballgirl
                            Participant

It will be interesting to see if ATN gets back into shooting this year and how it will effect her diamonds selection she’d be competing with Georgie for the wa/ga position.

I’d back Georgie in, she’s been consistent at both positions and did really well at fast5

Tully
                                Participant

If ATN does play a little GA well then she will be right in the Diamonds mix. Was already an invitee last year so is part of Marinkovich’s plans.

Right now the GA / WA is Austin. Whilst she hasn’t played WA much at SSN she did play it well at WC and CG so Marinkovich is more than confident with her in WA. Plus Austin may run at WA a little at Vixens this year with a Kumwenda / Garbin circle allowing Moloney back to WD with Mundy in C.

But if ATN is a legitimate GA option then it would allow Diamonds to continue with 3 players more at home at GS and just Austin as the main GA whilst Dwyer develops.

Viewing 15 posts - 961 through 975 (of 1,012 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top