2025 shooting circles

2025 shooting circles2024-07-15T20:33:05+10:00
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m interested to know how Jamie Hume has been going over in Aus? Wonder how much her game has developed by being over there?

al_ex
      Participant

I think Ekenasio would be in very high demand for all teams that need supershot help or a GS change-up. She would be a great option for T’Birds if Aiken-George decides to retire and they want to blood Austin, and would also be great for Fever and/or Firebirds. I think the issue might be that she wouldn’t get offered enough money to justify the moves, even if salaries in NZL will likely be significantly lower.

deucelow
        Participant

Although it ultimately proved too much of a deficit, I think Batcheldors super shot heroics in the pressure of a hostile Fever final will not have gone unnoticed. My understanding is she’s had horrific luck with injuries. If she gets the rub of the green she deserves on that front then I can’t imagine she won’t be returning next season.

That sequence at the end of the first quarter will live in my memory for a while. Breathtaking stuff.

I also fear Koenens recent vulnerability under the post will not go unnoticed either. Another one to perhaps watch. The Lightning moving forward have young talent but they did not acquire Bruce and Watson to extend their season by a mere week. They would feel that even with injuries they underperformed the expectations this year.

Where did these shooting yips come from and what is being done to eradicate them? A question Belinda Reynolds really needs to have the answer for, IMV.

deucelow
          Participant

Wallam and Remi Kamo out at Firebirds. Neither is a huge surprise, but it speaks volumes about where Firebirds are at.

Missed finals for a few seasons now and don’t really have much in the way of development to show for it. A big rethink is required. I suspect a refresh and turning over the administrators wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Swifts1
            Participant

I really hope Wallam doesn’t read the social media comments about her departure from the Firebirds are vile. While the majority of these comments are from men who have probably never watched SSN game in their lives it still saddens me that nothing has changed for indigenous athletes in Australia.

deucelow
              Participant

Ian, I don’t know about you mate, but I’m out on Firebirds. I live in North Brisbane and my son is going to USC anyway. I’ve got good reasons to go to Lightning.

I never liked the private vs public model of SSN. I pointed to Magpies demise as justifying my position. But I’m not so sure about that now. The shameful way Firebirds have conducted themselves towards the indigenous athletes under their stewardship Y feel is bordering on shameful. Mi Mi had a terrific year at Lightning and looked like she was enjoying her netball. Nelly looked really down all year, and now she’s gone.

Nelly is literally getting plaudits from the Diamonds coach. And getting cut from a team that’s been in a swirling mess all year.

I hope it works out for everyone. And will be supporting Wallam wherever she goes. I think her best netball is ahead of her. But at this stage I’m struggling to find a reason to be a Firebirds fan. One reason. Very sad.

TB
                Participant

Now that Fbirds have appointed Kiri Wills (being Maori), I’m surprised Wallam didn’t stay? Or that Fbirds didn’t think that Wills could be a better fit for Wallam?
                  To loose Wallam, you have to hope they have a very strong shooter in store!

TB
                  Participant

If Bueta is making a come back, a shooting circle of her/Palavi and Dwan could be really good.

sarahk90
                    Participant

The FOX Netball article of the coaching appointment also lists Emily Moore as having exited the club. Unsure if this is yet to be announced or a typo? Nothing on Firebirds socials about it

StatsNerd21
                      Participant

Good pickup! I’m assuming they meant Ali Miller, but who knows.

Swifts4Life
                        Participant

Anyone hearing anything about the Swifts shooter?
                          Nweke, Palavi, Wallam, Koenen?

netballgirl
                          Participant

Everyone is saying Nweke

TB
                            Participant

Koenan? Have I missed something? Is she leaving Lightning?
                              I actually feel she’d fit in perfectly at Swifts.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Go to Top