2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2025 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2024-07-24T12:41:03+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    Participant

maisie resigned

Swifts4Life
      Participant

which teams do you think have gotten better/worse

I think:
        swifts, firebirds and mavs have gotten better (if you count glasgow and moore as ins)

tbirds, giants have gotten worse
        lightning and vix keep same squad
        I think that the fever are interesting, considering kelsey spent such a long time in the lineup last year.

sami j
        Participant

If I was tbirds I would have gone with someone like Annie Miller instead of Graham but I guess they see her as a long term prospect. Interesting they went with her instead of Nyah Allen whose already got ssn experience

netballgirl
            Participant

I’m very sad for Allen, hopefully when Aiken retires she’ll get her shot!

I think graham works better with Lucy and they are thinking longterm.

benmac4
              Participant

Frew Austin and graham will all want to become starting seven players especially when RAG retires

Will become even more difficult to get court time in the shooting circle when you factor in Horjus working on her GA game (whilst she has mainly played WA I feel she always wanted to be a GA)

Struggling to understand Tbirds decision to have so many attackers and fevers decision to have so many defenders

StatsNerd21
                Participant

I can understand Fever’s strategy- they won the premiership with 4 shooters (2 playing WA/GA), 2 mids, and 4 defenders (2 playing WD/GD). Beckford and ATN would be the WA/GA slides in this case. Only concern is that Sunday is the only real WD out of the defenders, but I suppose Ruth would like to become a 3-position threat. There’s still plenty of cover with Anstiss and Cransberg to cover WD.

Tbirds is a much more confusing case- I can only assume they’re planning to really activate the 11th player. Horjus needs to be playing GA for her Diamonds chances (not that it should be Tbirds priority)- that means at some point there will be 3 shooters on the bench. I don’t want to see her become a one-position player.

Is Romelda going to spend time in GK behind Shamera and Latty? Highly doubt it but I suppose it’s an option?

I think Swifts will be fine- Lambden and Smith are serviceable in C, and Whyte or LGB can come in as the 11th if they need more attack firepower.

mcleod
                  Participant

Why would the GIANTS continue with their terribly underwhelming same team in 2025.

Trolly
                    Participant

NYR1994 I hope Firebirds are better. I think it will depend on whether defence is better. They swapped a dominant shooter for a dominant shooter and will have better mid court options given Rav was out injured or playing limited time for much of the season.

Swifts should be a lot better but I think they still have issues for the next 2 seasons with so many underperforming players signed until after the 2026 season.

It’s hard to know if Fever will be better. I think they have problems if ATN is injured or when she is shut down by WD. GA is still an issue.

Mavs – hard to know. I think letting Sinclair go is a mistake but they do need Jok. I would have liked to see them go with 4 shooters, drop Nankerville and have a young centre court player as their 11th. Could have trained Sinclair as a back up WA as Fraser can play all 3 centre court positions.

I hope having more time together as a team will help Vixens (without so many injuries 🤞🏻).

Lightning should do better next year with the experience gained this year by the younger players.

Giants 👎🏼

Tbirds – who knows. It’s a surprising move to have so many shooters when Horjus is the go to back up GA. Hard to doubt Tania Obst though.

Kumwenda playing for Peninsula Waves next year…

TB
                        Participant

@StatsNerd21 I highly doubt they’d be wanting to use RAG at GK. They have the best GK in the world. Tbirds NEED Romelda at GS, if they are to have a shot at the title next year. She’s the main reason they won it this year. You take her out, I would have them at the bottom 3.

Re Fever: I think having Ruth there, it’s almost like they’ll have a Sunday in both positions (WD/GD). I do feel Kelsey Browne will be missed. She’s the change up in attack they needed. I don’t know if they have a player that can offer that same uniqueness?

museboy
                          Participant

Can’t help shake that the late signings of Lambden, Barnett and Beckford were because they couldn’t get Heffernan, Jackson and Ekenasio.

Flb
                            Participant

It took me a moment to process reading “Maisie resigned” on this thread. Then I remembered the purpose of this thread and realised that she had re-signed. Ah the English language.

It is really disappointing that Wallam, Palavi and Sinclair don’t have contracts. I guess this is the downside of having so many players on multi year deals and sides of 10.

While Nweke is a massive pick up for the Swifts, I think they have a very strange roster. Light in the midcourt and a defence end that hasn’t performed recently. Perhaps the international season might be a good circuit breaker for some of the team?

Like everyone, I’m absolutely gobsmacked by the Giants.

TB
                              Participant

@museboy you could be onto something!

Hey Flb, I know it comes up quite a bit, but it’s not really that tricky, because as a rule, players don’t “resign”. Coaches, selectors, administrators… they all resign, but you won’t find announcements saying a player has resigned. You’re always pretty safe to assume it means “re-signed”.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 364 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top