NS EXCLUSIVE: Donnell Wallam – Rising Djinda (Star)

NS EXCLUSIVE: Donnell Wallam – Rising Djinda (Star)2021-05-11T01:33:52+10:00
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

By Jenny Sinclair

If you want to join the Donnell Wallam fan club, join the back of the queue. In just her first year of elite competition, the sharp shooter’s achieved cult-like status, and is seen as a rising Djinda (“star” in Noongar language) of the sport. Whether it’s her ability to own the goal post with some gravity defying shots, her meteoric rise from club sport, or a quiet pride in her heritage, Donnell has captured the attention of the global netball family.

Her signing with Leeds Rhinos was a huge move, a world away from the small country town of Harvey, where she grew up, or even the sleepy city life of Perth, Western Australia. It was more than just a plane ride – rather a meteoric leap towards Donnell’s ultimate dream of representing her country one day.

Read more… https://netballscoop.com/ns-exclusive-donnell-wallam-rising-djinda-star/

Image by Emma Macneill, supplied courtesy of Donnell Wallam

Participant

Great article,good to see her grow in confidence, what a fantastic role model !! :yahoo:

Netball Rocks
        Participant

Agree – loved it. Great read and Donnell’s netball is going from strength to strength. Good on her for making the move

al_ex
          Participant

It will be interesting to see if she’ll get an SSN contract next year. T’Birds and Collingwood would probably be interested, maybe Lightning as well. JFR may not have that many years left but I expect she’ll still play SSN until at least 2023.

AllieC
            Participant

This is probably one of my favourite NS articles. Jenny Sinclair once again showing she is the best netball writer in the business.

amandalouise
              Participant

Great article, I didn’t really know anything about Donnell. I really hope we see her in the SSN next year

Andrew Kennedy
                Participant

It seems like the time could come soon when a Diamond lives and plays overseas – Wallam or Bassett – at least for a short time.

Yeah, Thunderbirds but more likely Magpies could recruit her. Nelson’s days are numbered if she can’t make it work this season. I think the Tbirds problems are more in the midcourt and Potgieter is pretty good.

Wallam definitely wants to play for Fever. How old is Fowler? She must have 5-6 years left of playing right? Aiken and Harten are probably going to retire before Fowler.

Brig
                  Participant

Amazing! I can’t wait to see her play live, hope that this will be asap!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Go to Top