Swifts part ways with Samatha Wallace-Joseph

Swifts part ways with Samatha Wallace-Joseph2024-06-13T19:26:57+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Swifts1
        Participant

I respect that there needs to be confidentiality for both Sam and the club and understand that as a fan I don’t actually have a right to anymore information than what has been provided but……
          I find this very difficult to accept for a player that is a 2 x premiership player, 3 x club MVP that the Swifts invested 2 years rehabilitating. It seems unfathomable to me that such a tight knit club could not resolve whatever has happened. I’m not blaming the Swifts or Sam but just find it incredibly sad that they could not work it out.
          I hope the Swifts can use the rest of the season to develop young players and rebuild and regroup for next season and above all else hope all the individuals involved are ok.

deucelow
          Participant

Brilliantly put @Swifts1.

Agree with every point you made.

TB
            Participant

Agree @Swifts1 well said.

I may be in the minority here, but I want to know exactly what happened!

Waylay
              Participant

I’m desperate to know more too! Feel free to share any details anyone is aware of!

netballgirl
                Participant

I want to hear a statement from Sam, it sounds like all the blame is on her.Sam seems like such a lovely person, it sounds out of character and would love to know how was she treated in all of this. Was she bullied, made to feel uncomfortable? Is that why she lashed out. Or wss it simple easier to blame Sam than accept the fault of the club.

nettymc
                  Participant

I’ve heard a rumour. And based on what I’ve heard, the Swifts shouldn’t and won’t announce what happened. It’s about protecting another individual within the team. Let’s just say her actions go against what the club stands for.

TB
                    Participant

Gosh I hope it’s nothing petty like she didn’t call them by the correct pronouns!

museboy
                      Participant

Well my DMs are open if anyone wants to spill the tea! Haha

mcleod
                        Participant

I feel if this was a blokes sport like AFL, NRL, then they would say what was going on.
                          Has the Wayne Carey feel to it.

WeWood
                          Participant

Jeepers surely this is completely unprecedented in netball. Surprised it hasn’t been leaked, but will have to happen sometime?

netballgirl
                            Participant

If it was a verbal altercation. She shouldn’t have been dropped, like not everyone has to get along right?

I’m leaving more towards a physical altercation happened? Maybe a push? Argument on the court from an already crumbling Swifts?

Flb
                              Participant

Whatever it is, I can see both sides.

– Seeing players/other staff as people and upholding your duty of care to them and their privacy.

– Then the view that fans and supporters of netball/swifts, as an entertainment product, want to know what is happening at their team and why a well loved player is leaving.

It seems crazy that it couldn’t be resolved in a previously close group.

I do agree that in other codes a more forthcoming explanation would probably be expected.

mcleod
                                Participant

Maybe that’s why Swifts brought Dame Noel’s T over, seeing since she had to deal with Maria Folau and her boof husband, plus other going on’s with the Ferns, when Noels became coach, perhaps they thought she could try and sort things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top