2023 Australian Netball Awards

2023 Australian Netball Awards2023-11-23T08:39:02+10:00
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@netballgirl I also think there was a suggestion that maybe there’s more money flowing into the sport than what’s being reported (was an article on it a few weeks back). I also think the revenue share only kicks in after a certain point but I could be wrong, I know this point was contested quite a bit between parties.

I also think ANPA are going for this now because otherwise players will be locked in for another 3 years, if not longer, without being able to change the terms. ANPA arguably is also thinking that it will be easier to build on what they’re asking of NA incrementally (I.e. every few years when they negotiate player contracts) rather than wait until the sport is succeeding and then ask for something that NA will make harder to get.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

Also whoever suggested that NA need a PR team to fix the sports image, 100% agree.

iona
        Participant

I think money is one of the reasons Verity Simmonds is switching codes

iona
          Participant

Who would pay this PR team?

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

Oh yeah very well aware they won’t actually get a PR team involved, just what would happen in an ideal world.

leaem
              Participant

They have a marketing team, and a head of marketing who has “PR” in her skill set. Add to that a head of media and public relations :scratch:

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by leaem.
                • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by leaem.
                TB
                Participant

Another silly question, but who is in the right here?

It’s starting to get ugly on social media.

netballgirl
                  Participant

I honestly think both parties are in the wrong and need to step down.

It’s getting embarrassing.

Has anyone else heard the quote if all women were in power, there would be a lot of countries not talking to each other. It feels a lot like this atm. They are making decisions with their hearts and not minds.

It’s a bit of both I believe. What NA offered was a pretty good deal in my opinion, but the players are clearly digging their heels in for more. I can understand NA saying that they just can’t afford it. Most of the public are supporting the players. The way NA has handled it is very poor, threatening players and what happened with Liz Ellis, they just can’t seem to do anything right in the eyes of the netball public. It’s just a shambles all round and a PR disaster for NA and for the sport.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

I think there’s a sweet spot between what NA offered and what the players are asking for.

NA were sneaky with what they offered, it was misleading the way they framed it to the public. I remember seeing an ANPA post explaining it.

But also, the players are asking for things that maybe the sport simply cannot afford right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Go to Top