2024 ANZP ROUND 10

2024 ANZP ROUND 102024-06-14T15:18:27+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

We’ve got a close one at the moment. Stars lead Mystics by 1 at halftime, 26-25.

Netballfan1
        Participant

Great game!! Some spectacular defence on show

Mystics get there by just 2 goals in the end, 51-49. It keeps Mystics in the top three and it’s the Stars’ 7th bonus point loss this season!

WeWood
            Participant

For all of the comments about the misfiring Mystics front line, yesterday was a pretty good day.

When Vui wants to put her foot down she can play some beautiful netball. 192/221 (87%) shooting stats for the season.

I think she has flourished on court in Nweke’s absence and had moments of brilliance with Toeava in particular.

Probably not one on people’s Ferns radar but I would suspect if her fitness meets targets she will definitely be getting an invite to trials.

mcleod
              Participant

Gee the Stars have been a flop this year. Even when Mila R-B and Crampton were playing, they still lost.
                Perhaps time for some changes at the top. But then again who knows what’s happening in 2026.

TB
                Participant

Haven’t they made finals for the past two years straight? They have been a fairly successful franchise.

I will say a few things/calls have seemed strange to me eg Samason not getting much court time, Falkner being pulled in and getting more court time than Samason, the TP getting more court time than Samason etc. Something is going on there, I would like to hear an explanation for it (just like the SWJ saga).
                  In one of her post game interviews, Wills spoke about every attacking player bar Samason. I’m surprised the commentators didn’t press her on it.

I think the most frustrating part for Kiri Wills, is her team are losing by very small margins. Some of those games they could/should have won. So it’s not like they’re playing bad netball, just struggling to close out games.

BIG top of the table clash going on now. Pulse leads Tactix 39-36, but interesting to note that the team going to Tactix’s goal in the last Q has won all 3 quarters so far.

TB
                    Participant

O/T

TB
                      Participant

Tactix win in overtime.
                        Salmon scoring 50 of the Pulses 53 goals.

An incredible game filled with drama. It was all locked up 51-51 after four quarters, but Tactix has just dominated extra time (7-2) to take the game 58-53, and take top spot on the ladder.

mcleod
                          Participant

What a ripper of a game, great coaching changes from Tactix, and Kate Lloyd not once but twice with a massive play.

silverferns1
                            Participant

Martina Salmon deserves at least a spot in the ferns development squad.

My fern squad shooter members would be Nweke, Ekenasio, Malesala, Metuarau, Tui, Walmsley. No room for G.Heffernan or Wilson.

Kwkiwi
                              Participant

Great game. went down to the wire. I thought Bird stepped up big time after some average shooting from Selby Rickett.

Will be interesting to see if Andrews Tsola starts Walmsley over Salmon when Walmsley returns.
                                Salmon was absolutely getting the better of Watson for most of the game and forced Delaney Hoshek to change Watson out to GD. I don’t like the rotation of so many GAs that the pulse coach does. No point.

If I were Taurua I’d be taking Salmon over Wilson and potentially Walmsley. She offers a lot more than Wilson and has a much better long shot. She’s also much stronger in the air than Walmsley. You don’t see Salmon getting up off the floor so much like you do with Walmsley.

Baller
                                Participant

Taurua will surely be inviting Salmon to SF camp. Malesala shooting well also.

You would have thought the Pulse would have learnt from the semi last year. Assuming the Pulse make the semi, having an extra game won’t hurt with Gordon due to return.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top