2024 SSN ROUND 11

2024 SSN ROUND 112024-06-21T15:57:06+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Belinda Reynolds almost cost them the game, with her changes.

CharlesWB
        Participant

Interesting statement: “Five players out of contract went to the board, the CEO and said if you want to keep us, this is what has to happen.”

Thoughts?
          Is this true or mere speculation?
          Who are the 5 on one year contracts? (I have read that Donnell Wallam is on a one year contract)

StatsNerd21
          Participant

Most of the Firebirds are on one-year contracts- only Dunkley, Gardner, and Bakewell-Doran are on multiple.
            Very, very interesting.

NB12
            Participant

It feels like we are missing so much information about what has happened here.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful, but out of those 5 players, how many of them would be offered a contract elsewhere? There aren’t many spots going around next year!

As an aside, I did find it interesting that Shearer was given a full game. With ‘nothing to lose’ in terms of their season being over, it certainly felt like they were giving her court time to secure her for next year. That’s great though, they have to back and develop the young talent they have coming through.

netballgirl
              Participant

So Kamo, wallam and stower are good friends. I wonder if this is where it all started? Stower not getting a contract and allegedly being made to play when still injured and her friends are sticking up for her and started a rally against bulley?

Nesian
                Participant

Interesting, I know that two teams have inquired recently about a shooter here in NZ for next season (one of them being the Firebirds). No idea if it has led to anything though.

mcleod
                  Participant

Ekenasio maybe, and deserves a exemption IMO

silverferns1
                    Participant

@Nesian Surely give us a hint, has she been injured this season?

CharlesWB
                      Participant

I wonder where any of them would go, if they did walk? Are there that many openings in other teams next year?

tina_138
                        Participant

Would anyone be surprised if Klau was dropped for Ervin in the next international series?

NB12
                          Participant

Klau is actually playing reasonably well. It’s what is out the front of her that is not giving her enough support and SM would be more than aware of that.

In saying that would love to see Ervin get on court at some point, especially with Weston putting on the pressure out the front of her.

Flb
                            Participant

Came here to say the same thing as NB12. I could see Klau or Bruce (as she is managing an injury) be rested for a game and Ervin might come into a game day 12.

Flb
                              Participant

I think this emphasis on the players with Bulley is a bit off. There was already that business with Sara Francis Bayman and I think you look at a recruit like Dwan and you have to wonder what has happened to her since returning to the FBs.
                                And there was a lot of scrutiny of Bulley’s in game coaching from various quarters suggesting that it was lacking for a while.

On the Wallam front, I think she would do well at a club where she would receive great service – thinking Hadley/Proud at Swifts, or similar. The midcourt for the Firebirds can be very hit and miss and put her under huge pressure.

benmac4
                                Participant

It has been bizarre the reaction to bulley and the blame on the players

As horrible as it is bulley was not spoken of very highly before all this and didn’t have a great record of players improving under her or a good win loss record

All of a sudden now all the blame is on the players

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top